Chapter 29 "Decision":

Gabe's POV:
I waited outside of the doctors for Clem to make her big decision as I did a little thinking to myself. And if I had to be honest, I want to have the baby. I mean ever since I was 10 years old before this whole apocalyptic shit happened, I always thought about having a child of my own one day. I mean I do see AJ has my son, but I know that he really isn't. Don't get me wrong, I love AJ like he's a son, but to have a child of my own made up of my own DNA seems so special and just so sweet. But if I know Clem, she'll probably want to get rid of it and I completely understand why. It would be a lot of work raising two kids at once in this apocalyptic shit hole. So either way, I'll agree with her decision but deep down in my center of my heart, I know I want to have that baby in our lives.
As I was thinking, I saw a girl about my age walk up to me and sit down on the bench next to me. "Hey, your Gabe right?" He asked me as I raise my eyebrow. "Yeah I'm Gabe. What's it to you?" I asked her back. "Nice to meet you Gabe. My name is Becca and I'm the weapons advisor here in Alexandria. I'm surprised we haven't met yet." She introduced herself as I loosened up a little bit. "Yeah I haven't seen you much around here." I told her as she giggled a bit. "Yeah I'm not much of a social butterfly. After my caretaker Shel died months ago, I've mostly just kept to myself." She told me. "Well if you mostly keep to yourself, what are you doing here talking to me?" I asked and she then just shrugged his shoulders and replied, "I don't know. I think it is time that I got out of my comfort zone and actually talk to somebody my age. Especially somebody as cute as you." She flirted as my eyes went wide from what I was hearing. "Um, you do know I have a girlfriend right? Hell the reason I'm out here is because I just found out that she's pregnant with our baby." I told her as she hung her head and simply said, "Oh." "But we can still be friends if you'd like" I offered her as she didn't smile at me, shook my hand and said, "Yeah, I... I would like that. Listen I should go, Rick is calling me over to do a weapons check so I'll see you around, Gabe." I got up and wave goodbye to me. "See you around Becca." I said back. It was at that moment that I saw Clem walk out of the doctors and sit next to me were Becca was sitting before.
As soon as she sat down, she scooted closer to me and gave me heartfelt hug as I didn't hesitate for one second and hugged her back. While we were hugging I planted a kiss on her forehead as she looked up at me and said, "You missed, dork." She then placed a hand on my cheek and gave me a passionate kiss. One that I immediately returned. After we broke the kiss, I wanted to ask her what she decided on But I didn't wanna come off as rude or make her even more stressed out. "So I made my decision and... I want to keep the baby." She said is I was surprised by her answer. "You...you do?!" I asked sounding excited. "Yeah I mean it's going to be a lot of hard work to raise a baby, but if I have you by my side to help me, then I'm ready to take this step with you." She said as I shed a single tear of joy and gave her another hug. "Oh Clem, I was hoping you would say that. I want to take the step with you too. I want to raise a baby with you and I will always be on your side like I always tell you." I told her as we both smiled, give each other a quick peck on the lips, and went off to tell everyone else the big news.
We approached Kate hand in hand who was with Rick, Marlon, Violet , and AJ coincidentally. "Oh hey guys. What are you two doing over here?" Violet asked suspiciously. "Well we... We have something we would like to tell you all." Clem told them as everyone stop what they were doing a paid attention to the two of us. "Oh yeah, and what would that be kids?" Rick asked us. " well it's kind of a big deal." I told them as they became annoyed by our vagueness. "Oh just skip the vague bullshit and just tell us already." Marlon uttered. "OK fine. Clem is... Clem is...." I stuttered as I was nervous to tell them. "It's OK babe, I got this." Clem stepped in. " guys, I'm pregnant." She admitted as everyone gasped except for AJ. "What does pregnant mean?" AJ asked as he was too young to understand how babies are made yet. Clem kneeled down to meet him at eye level and explained to him, "Well AJ, this means you're going to have a little brother or little sister in a few months." AJ then excited and hugged us both as we hugged him back and he yelled out, "Yay! I'm going to be a big brother!!!" "I... I can't believe it. You guys are going to have a baby?! And I'm gonna be a grandma?! I'm so happy for you two!" Kate said as she then gave the three of us a huge bear hug. "OK OK, Kate! Don't hug her too hard or else you'll hurt the baby." I said as his Kate then put us all down and apologized. "Congratulations you too. I hope that your baby is the greatest child to ever live." Rick congratulated us as we nodded and then walked away. But little did we know that someone outside of Alexandria had been watching us the whole time we were over there with the rest of our group.