10- Meeting the Hufflepuff

Even when you're depressed, time goes fast. August and September fly over, and Skyler did barely speak. She told Hermione what was going on, and asked her not to question anything. "Just, leave me for a while, alright?" She'd said. It's now mid-October, and the leaves have left the trees. Whenever she doesn't have lessons, Skyler leaves the castle, walking through the fallen trees, walking around the lake. Reading against an old tree. But never, she really observes her environment. She absent, not really there. Her head is somewhere in the clouds, where she wishes to be. Skyler is walking, not really knowing where, when she trips over something. No, correction, someone. "Ouch!" A handsome boy coughs, looking to Skyler, who's on the ground too. "I'm sorry." She mumbles. The boy helps her up, and smiles. "Don't be. I'm fine." Skyler nods, and wants to walk away. "I'm Cedric, by the way, Cedric Diggory. Who are you?" Skyler looks at Cedric, he seems nice. "I'm Skyler Foster. I'm glad you're okay." She looks down, happy that she didn't hurt anyone. "Why are you here, anyway? Most people of our year have Divination now, right?" Cedric says. "Uhm, what's Divination? And, you're not in my year. I'm second year..." Skyler mumbles. Cedric raises an eyebrow. "Oh, you look older than your age then, I'm fourth year." Cedric smiles, but Skyler doesn't return it. "What's wrong? Tell me, maybe I can help." He encourages, climbing in a tree, sitting down on a branch. Skyler follows him, and sits on another branch. "I may, or may not have the best summer." She mumbles. "You're depressive." Cedric states, feeling sorry for her. "Yes..." She breathes out. "Can you keep a secret?" She asks, having the feeling that he's exactly the kind of friend she needs right now. "Yes, I won't tell anyone." He promises. Skyler takes a deep breath. "I'm not from Earth... Did you ever heard of the God of Mischief?" Cedric's eyes widen, and his mouth goes agape. "Yes, of course I do. He was one of You-Know-Who's greatest allies. Why? And how are you not from Earth?" Skyler closes her eyes, trying to breathe. "My mother is from Earth... but my father isn't." She tells him. Cedric gasps. "Are you his daughter?" Skyler chuckles and shakes her head, a little smile on her face. "No... Loki isn't my father. He was my uncle. Thor is my father, but he's also the Heir to the Throne of Asgard. So every time he was needed on Asgard, Loki helped and protected me and my mother. He was everything to me. My best friend, my teacher, my protector, my uncle... and now, he's dead... Because of me." She buries her face in her hands, and starts crying. Cedric looks at her, a worried look in his eyes. "I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I-I just met you..." She says, continuing sobbing. The Hufflepuff takes place next to her, and rubs her back. "Shh. What if I promise you that I'll help you through it? Before my mother died, she was depressive too... She committed suicide, eventually. I was seven. My father remarried, to a kind woman, but I know how it feels to loose someone. I promise I'll get you through this, alright?" Cedric hugs her, and Skyler nods. "Alright." She says.

∞∞∞

Skyler walks to her Common Room. It's almost dark, and she doesn't wants to be out here in these times. Almost every week, a Muggleborn is found paralysed. And almost every Muggleborn in school is in the infirmary. Except for Hermione, a fifth year Ravenclaw, ten other Gryffindors and nine Hufflepuffs. Rumours about who the Heir is are going around too. Draco is the biggest suspect, for he can't talk about something else. When Skyler enters her Common Room, Crabbe and Goyle run out, they're covering their faces. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you two?" She hears Draco yell after them. Skyler shrugs, and walks away, looking at the notice-board. There's a huge poster on it. 'Defending's lessons. Teach yourself to defend yourself against the threat of the Heir of Slytherin' It says. The lessons are given by Snape and Goldie the Jerk. Could be good to know a few things. Skyler shrugs, and walks to her beloved friend, her bed.