Chapter 7 | Feels Like Home

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 7 | Feels Like Home

As the sky got darker, we decided to go home. I still couldn't believe that Marc had my stuff all the time. He told me that he found them in between the door and took it right away. He was about to went to the police but canceled it when her mom told him about me staying.

"You're back." Mr. Marquez grinned while put the foods to the table. Alex and Mr. Marquez were already seated on the dinner table and greeted us with smile on their faces. I and Marc took a seat across them. "Have you found your stuff, Sella?"

"Apparently Marc had them, so yea—we found them," I chuckled.

"I bet he did," Alex chuckled. So did Marc. We began to put some foods on our plate and ate together. This family really treated me like one of their own, not a stranger.

"So, tell me how was your day, Alex?" Mr. Marquez asked his second son.

"Just check up and training at the gym," Alex answered then he stuffed his mouth with foods.

"And how about you guys?" Mrs. Marquez looked at both of us.

"You want me to tell the truth or what?" I said, smirking at him.

"Go ahead, I didn't do anything harmful."

"But he made me rode around Cervera for more than one hour while there's shortcut that only need thirty minutes," I said, sounded more like a protest.

Alex burst out laughing, he was almost chocked. "You brought her to route 24?"

"And she liked it! There's no way she can deny it." Marc proudly said. "She even hug me! Too excited till I can't catch my breath."

"I was showing my gratitude when you found my stuff," I said being serious.

We continued eating dinner as I started to think how I told them I'm leaving. Since I got all my missing stuff back. I made a promise to stay until I found them. Mrs.
Marquez squeezed my hand, brought me back to the reality, "Is there something bothering you, Mija?"

"Uh-mm, no. I'm just thinking." I glanced to Marc whom gave me an understanding smile. I thought he knew what I'm up to, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed. Exhaled my anxiousness. I built some courage before I spoke my mind to them, "Ms. and Mr. Marquez? Is it okay if I leave tomorrow? As I promised, I only stay until my things are found."

"It's up to you, Mija," Mr. Marquez gave me a warm smile. Mrs. Marquez continued, "you want to leave tomorrow, that's okay. You want to be here for few more days that's okay too."

"Thank you so much for your generosity. Maybe I'll stay until tomorrow morning," I rejoiced. I didn't expect to be like this when I stepped my feet into this house. They are all so generous.