Chapter 20 | Give me 5!

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 20 | Give me 5!

Valencia, Spain

Day already turned to night. Finally, after this long day! I didn't really enjoy today's trip. My mind kept thinking about that day and Marcell.

Now that no one barely stayed on the beach, I took out my blanket and laid it on the sand before I sat above it. Marc came with a portable fire pit which I had no idea where'd he got it from.

I wanted to asked him about the fire pit but I kept my mouth shut. I watched him in silent. He took out the fire starter and once it lit, the wind blew the fire off.

I giggled silently. I don't know why but watching him struggle like this made me want to laugh. There's something inside him that really sweet and it touched my heart.

"Finally!" he jumped happily, putting his hands up in the air before muttered something to the fire pit. I guess he mocked it. What a silly man.

I sat and wrapped my hands around my knees. My eyes gazed at the stars that shines so bright. Ever since I was little, I love stargazing, lying under the stars and sometimes watched them fell. I jumped in surprised when I felt something wrapped around my shoulder. "It's just me."

Yeah it was Marc, bringing my jacket and put it around my shoulder.

I sighed in relief. Marc seated himself next to me, crossing his legs. "You were quiet today. You okay?"

I didn't respond him. Instead, I glued my eyes to the oceans and listened to relaxing sound of the wave. There was a long silence since Marc also keep his mouth shut.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

"No one will ever know," I simply said to him. He studied my words for a second, "You want to talk about it?"

I sighed, playing with my fingers. "I already promised to you when we met in Assen. Remember?"

He nodded. What a great memory he had.

"As you know, I'm broken. Traveling always been my greatest escape so far yet I still carrying dark past while I wander." I said in low voice. He didn't say a thing, waiting me to continue. "I had a twin brother. You must've known since you read my travel journal or probably seen the cover. Wanderlust twin. And his name is Marcell. He was everything to me. we were inseparable from the day we born"

The memory of him hit me again.

"Marcell! Stay awake!"

"I'm sorry," he whispered, giving me a weak smile. Tears began to fell to my cheeks, "Don't leave me."

"Just.. finish what we had started. And always remember-i.. love.. you.. twinie."

I shook my head just to cleared my mind.

"On this day, 5 years ago, He died." There's a long silence before I managed myself to continue. I still stared at the dark oceans. "Remember Ansel?"

He nodded. Chest pain started to rose as I remembered that day.

"That day was our high school graduation day. Our former Student body president held a graduation party at school. We were only seventeen but Ansel brought some alcohol drink which I'm not sure what it's called. He kept tempting me to try a sip. But in the end I ended up drinking the whole bottle with Giselle. Marcell wasn't with us. He was with his football team, playing some games."

"We made a rule once our parents gave us a car to share. We drove for one week each. So if this week was my turn, next was his. That day was in my week so I managed myself to drive while half-drunk." I admitted the truth. Didn't care if he willing to stay or go. I'm already broken anyway.

"Marcell already asked if I'm okay but I simply said I'm fine and drive. He realized something was wrong with me. I remember he trying to made me stop the car but I refused. And there's a truck."

"Sel, you don't have to go on," he moved closer and put his arm around me. I rested my head on his chest, "no, I want you to know."

I sighed and I found it hard to speak. I tried to hold back the tears, "there's a truck from the other side. Marcell was the first one to realized, he quickly grabbed the steering wheel and turned it so the truck hit him instead of me."

Tears started to filled my eyes, "Oh my God, I don't know if I can forgive myself."

I quickly wiped the tears that already fell on my cheeks. "It's okay. It's not your fault."

I hugged him as he rubbed my back gently. I love this feeling he gave me, like he knew everything to calm me, to make me feel safe in his arms. Am I already in love with him?

"All the memories come back, but he never does." I muttered as I hugged him tightly. I'm surprised because of how fast I survive this mental breakdown. Now there's only warmth from his embrace.

"One thing I know for sure is your twins still lives deep down in your heart. He always here with you," I could feel his smile even though I didn't look at him. His hand played with my hair as I snuggled up to him. "He surely doesn't want to see you suffer like this."

"Yeah, I know," I said softly. I closed my eyes, hearing his pounding heart.

There was a long silence. We both listened to the sound of the ocean. I found my way to look at him as I called him softly, "Marc, thanks."

He looked down at me with his gorgeous eyes as he smiled. My hand found its way up to Marc's hair and ran through his hair before I caressed his cheek and lock my lips with his. He didn't take long to kiss me back.

"You're welcome, honey," He said after we pulled apart.

"Want to make some s'mores?" I asked him, and put a puppy face so he would agree.

"I know that trick," he giggled before nodded, "of course."

I took off some graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow from my backpack while Marc got up and looked for some branch to toast the marshmallow.

"Here," I grabbed the branch and toast a marshmallow with it. We ended up making many s'mores while laughing at each other jokes.

This is perfect. no need any words to describe moment like this.

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤