Chapter 33 | Home

Posted 14.02.2019

Chapter 33 | Home

Chapter 33 | Home

Bali

The bright Bali sun greeted me as soon as I walked out of the airplane. I dragged my suitcase to the parking lot, Jonathan dragged his. He already dialed Matthew, our cousin, to pick us up. A tall young man around Jo's age walked towards us with a young woman beside him. He's Matthew, and Maddie—his younger sister.

My eyes widen in an instant as I saw her, my best friends beside Marcell. We hugged each other really tight, "Maddie, I missed you so much!"

"Me too! How dare you not contact me for almost a year?" She protested, like a little child. I laughed, "I thought you were busy with your job. Since this is your first year in this whole pretending world."

"It's called acting, Sel. And yes, I'm an professional pretender," she said then we both laughed. After Jonathan done greeting Matthew, I hugged him, "Matty!"

"Hi there Selly," He chuckled, "let me help you with your suitcase."

"Thanks, and it's Sella." He muttered a 'whatever' and took over my suitcase and led us to his car. He helped Jo put our suitcase on the car while I hopped into the back seat. Jonathan sat on passenger seat while Matthew on the driver's.

"Finally, I waited for years! Why are you guys so pleasant to live overseas?" He spoke, starting a conversation while driving. I missed my older cousin. He was a year younger than Jonathan.

"Someone missed us," I teased Matthew.

"Of course, this wouldn't be the same without you guys,"

"You're so dramatic," Jonathan rolled his eyes.

"No—I'm not!"

"Oh, yes you are Matt. By the way, can we stop by at the graveyard?" I asked Matt whom nodded afterward. "Of course, sweety. I missed him."

**

I stood still. In front of his gravestone. My other half had gone. For almost five years. I wonder what he looked like after all this times. Did the scars heal? How was he?

Marcellino Jonael

September 1st 1995

May 5th 2012

"Hi there little boy," Jonathan greeted him—I mean his gravestone. "He always hated when you called him little boy."

"Always, but it's the truth. He was younger than me, making him little." Jonathan said, smiling. I took some flowers from a basket that Matthew had bought at flower shop near the graveyard and spread them across Marcell's grave. Jonathan and Matthew

I didn't really like to talk to the gravestone and pretend it was the person themselves. I just greeted him and tell everything inside my heart. I believed my twin telepathy never changed or faded even though he already gone.