Chapter 10 | A Coincidence

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 10 | A Coincidence

Florence, Italy

"I wish I meet the love of my life—the sooner the better—and able to handle every crap that life throw at me." And by that I threw the coin to the water fountain. And sighed. A tap on my shoulder made me jolt. A familiar voice greeted me, "Marsella! Miss me?"

My eyes still glued to the water fountain, "why'd you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you."

"Oh, I was talking to the fountain." I smirked, finally turned my body to face him. He was in his usual look. Sleeves rolled up to elbows. Seriously? Him? I just asked for a soulmate and he appeared out of nowhere!

"Ha ha how funny," He said looking amused which I don't know why. Ugh—attractive guys should really stop doing that.

"Are you here to stalk me?" I should really watch my mouth. What was I thinking?

He laughed at my question, "What? No—this is pure coincidental."

"Oh, is it? Why are you here anyway?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked. I raised a brow as an answer to him. "Race at Mugello."

Ah, it's Thursday. It means race day is only two days away.

"Good luck, then," giving him a support wouldn't be bad, right? I mean at least I could try not hating him after the 'accident'. He was just stared at me then smiled, looking amused for no reason. Or maybe because the moral support I gave him just now.

My phone start to buzzed again and again. Frustrated, I took it out of my pocket and just stared at the screen. Marc noticed me, "Aren't you gonna answer that?"

I shook my head, "I've been ignoring him since last time I hung up on him."

"And it was—" He didn't finish the sentence.

"The last time I hung up on him." I answered and gave him my 'seriously' look. He just looked me in disbelief. His reaction was really funny I could barely hold my laugh but I stayed calm. "Seriously Sel? You really did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"You know the answer."

"It could be something important, right?"

"Nope, I had a fight with him."

"Couple issue?"

"Siblings problem. He is my brother," I tried so hard not to explode. Anger whose controlling me was really hard to beat. "why the hell people always make everything about romance. Did romance city moved to Florence from now on?"

He laughed like pretty hard as if I was telling him the funniest joke ever. "Don't blame me," he stopped to catch some air, "I didn't even know you have a brother."

"Wait, I think I barely know you," he admitted. I rolled my eyes, "isn't that a good thing?"

"Of course—it's not," He scoffed, "how about we grab some coffee then we can get to know each other?"

"You really curious about me?"

"Yeah, you're my friend. At least we're working on it. We can't stay aquitance, you know."

His sincereness touched my heart. I observe his eyes and I found nothing but careness. I nodded, agreeing him, "Okay, it wouldn't be so bad."

Just as we started heading to the coffee shop nearby, a tall skinny man appeared, embraced Marc from behind. "Here you are, Santi's been looking for you."

"ALEX!" I greeted him. His eyes widen all of the sudden and hug me, "Sella! You're wandering around Italy too?"

"Nope, just here to see some old friends," I said to him.

"C'mon Marc, Santi's looking for you. I think he will gather a team meeting to discuss about free practice or another agenda,"

"Can't it wait? I'm having a coffee break with Marsella," He explained.

"It's okay, we can do it another time," I muttered, half disappointed. Do I really want to go with him?

Marc looked at me, "really?"

"Yeah, go. Win the race," I said waving him goodbye.

"Fine, I'll make it up to you. See ya!" He waved me good bye and Alex mouted 'I'm sorry'. I chuckled, "Can't wait!" Yeah. I can't wait to see you again. 

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤