Chapter 17 | Brother's Hometown

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 17 | Brother's Hometown

I met the Marquez brothers at the airport, leaving Jonathan alone in the hotel. He'll leave tomorrow to London and he's a grown man, i didn't need to worry about him.

I dragged my suitcase behind me and walked to starbucks, where Marc told me to wait there. I opened my phone to text him once i stood near the starbucks.

BOO!

"What the hell?" i snapped as i felt someone shouted BOO very close to my ear made me jolted. and there he is. the one and only Alex Marquez. "You scared the hell out of me!"

He burst out laughing, "you should've looked at your expression."

"Ha ha thank you," i rolled my eyes. he grabbed my suitcase and his free hand dragged me inside the starbucks, "C'mon Marc's waiting for you."

"He really excited about this road-date." he smirked to me. i rolled my eyes in annoyance, again. I think i might develop a rolling-eyes habit.

Marc greeted me with his charming smile and handed me a cup of hot chocolate. no coffee? i mean it's starbucks, why not coffee?

"They run out of coffee so i bought you chocolate," he began. Both Jose and Alex laughed. He handed me a cup of iced chocolate which i took it right away.

"Nonsense, you just didn't know what to get me," I answered. He directly answered, "exactly."

I shook my head but smiled anyway. We sat there for about half an hour before entering the plane.
***
Cervera, Spain  

We spent the first two days of the summer break at Abuelo's house. He's really carrying and sweet. Marc seemed excited that summer break finally came. We even had a family game night that really exhaust me but I enjoyed it so much. I loved the warmth of this 'Marquez' family.

"Sella! Wake up you sleepy head," Marc yelled. He was standing next to my bed and literally shouted me wake up and called me sleepy head for the past 10 minutes. I pushed him off.

"5 more minutes," I mumbled, pulling the cover over me. He threw the cover off the bed, "No, you need to wake up. Madre's making you pancakes. You won't miss your favorite, will you?"

"PANCAKES!" I shouted and ran to the dining room. Every eyes were locked at me. Alex, Mr. and Mrs. Marquez sat at the dining table waiting for Marc and I to join them.

"Buenos diaz, Sella," Greeted Mr. Marquez. I sat down quickly and greeted them back.

"Did you sleep well?" Mrs. Marquez questioned. She took some poffertjes—a traditional Dutch food—and placed them on my plate. I turned myself to Marc whom sat next to me, "LIAR! There's no pancakes."

I pouted at him. He laughed, "but here you are, ready to eat breakfast."

"How could you?!" I protested.

"It will take me so long to wake you up. Longer than Alex," He said back to me while took some poffertjess for his Padre and for himself.

"We don't want you to overslept," Alex said while his mouth was full of poffertjes. I rolled my eyes to him. I always hated if I woke up with bad moods.

"Sorry Mrs. Marquez. Yeah, I did sleep well before this pancake liar woken me up brutally," I gave him sarcastic glare. She chuckled, "Have you eaten this thing?"

"Nope," I shook my head. She told me that these poffertjes tasted as good as pancakes but they came from different shapes. Like the mini version.

"Try some," Marc brought one of them with a fork towards my mouth. At first I refused it with my gesture but he insisted. I attempted by its delicious smell so I opened my mouth and ate the poffertjes. It actually tasted really good. "how is it?"

I nodded to Mrs. Marquez, "it delicious." I couldn't lie, this food is really delicious.

"Really?" Mrs. Marquez looked surprised. I nodded.

We ate breakfast while chit chatted about what's going on these past weeks. I then washed the dishes before put my thing into Revely—that's what I called my RV from now on—which on the garage.

"We don't need suitcases, do we?" Marc asked. He was about to enter his room. I shook my head, "Revely had a closet inside him."

He hand me his clothes which I took right away, "I'll go get some blanket."

I walked to the garrage and organized Marc's clothes. Mr. Marquez opened the garage door. "Thank you, Sir!"

He nodded then walked inside to put back the keys. Alex came to me with blankets then he put them on the the closet. "Do you need anything else?"

He genuinely asked. His tall feature almost didn't fit inside Revely. He needed to lower his head a little.

"Yes, snacks! You won't let me hangry, right?" I raised a brow to him, "it'll be awful."

Hangry—a state of anger caused by lack of food; hunger causing a negative change in emotional state.

"Yeah, I feel sorry for Marc," he joked. I groaned, "so you will give me snacks or not?"

"Nope!"

Marc entered with hand full of snacks, chips, and also fruit right after Alex said nope. I filled with joy. "thanks Marc! You're a life saver." I took the bags from him before turning to Alex, "unlike you." I began to store them."I thought you'd never figured it out."

I chuckled slightly, more like in sarcastic way at his answer. Alex walked to the back of the vehicle and sat on the bed. "Wow, this is actually comfortable."

"I know right." I said agreeing him. After I'm done with storing things, I looked to Marc and said, "ready to go?"

He nodded. I turned my head to Alex, "Good bye Alex."

I pointed my hands to the door, gesturing Alex to get off my Revely. He stood up. "C'mon, why now?"

"The sooner the better," i said without thinking.

"Look who's impatient to go on a road-date," Alex smirked, teasing me. I hit his arm playfully. "Zipped it." He threw his hands up in the air while walking off the vehicle, "fine, have a safe trip."
"Thanks Alex," I followed him to say goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Marquez.

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤