Chapter 11 | Heart of Barcelona

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 11 | Heart of Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

The sun shone brightly even in the morning as summer officially started. It illuminated the whole room as my hand began to open the curtain. A smile plastered on my face. Barcelona. I made it! All these years I only browsed the internet, reading travel article about Barcelona and wrote my own travel list to Barcelona. Now I'm already in Barcelona. It's actually Barcelona!

I headed to the night stand next to my bed. I took my phone and turned on some music, Barcelona by Ed Sheeran. The music I always put on the top of my playlist.

Hurriedly I took some clean clothes—short jeans overall and plain white t-shirt—and made my way to the shower.

I carried my backpack whose Marc bought for me and hung the camera around my neck. My hand moved to open the small fridge, took a bottle full of sangria, which I bought last night. I left the hotel with joyous smile. I headed to Las Ramblas which is near the hotel. I felt myself full with astonishment as my feet dragged me along the most famous street in Barcelona.

"Las Ramblas, I'll meet you, we're dancing around la Sagrada Familia," I sang melodiously. This song really described me right now. Happiness filled my heart while giving me some almost maniac spirit.

"Drinking sangria," I continued singing then took a sip of my sangria.

"Mi niña, te amo mi cariño," I heard a mellifluous voice continuing the lyrics. He was walking beside me making me jolted. I glanced at him, taking a quick peek to make sure who the hell is this boy. I found the answer. Who else if he wasn't the one and only Marc Marquez.

He was wearing his pull&bear t-shirt and knee-length jeans with his red shoes, just like usual.

"Whoaa—Marc! What are you doing here?" I questioned him, asking for an explain.

He grinned, running hand through his hair, "Buenos dias, Princesa."

"Buen dia," I said politely replied his greeting. I still a friendly person. "So, is this another pure coincidence?"

He shooked his head, "From what I know, if we met the same person,

Once—is an accident,

Twice—is a coincidence,

Three times—is a pattern."

"Really? What about the fourth time?" I asked him.

"That they meant to be together?" He answered, unsure. I rolled my eyes, "You're not being so sure about the answer." He shook his head, "I only know until the pattern."

"Seriously Marc, what are you doing here?" I asked him curiously.

"To spend the day with the Maniac," He explained. Did he mean Iannone the maniac?

"Andrea Iannone?"

"He's the maniac but he's not who I meant." I raised a brow to him. "I mean you, the maniac girl who drink sangria and don't bother talked to me in the middle of the Las Ramblas." I took a quick glanced around me. some of the local stared at us, many of them kept going with their activity. And I found us in the middle of the road. I grabbed his hand in mine, gesturing him to start walking.

"Even though I'm happy doesn't mean I'm a maniac." I said to him. Still walking.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked back. He smirked before brought up our hands. My eyes widen instantly. My cheeks felt warm and I'm aware that my face looked like a tomato right now. "your hands are soft, by the way."

I closed my eyes before I sighed, "I hate you so much." I pulled away my hand.

"I know," he chuckled slightly. I need a distraction. C'mon Marsella think! I spotted a tall unfinished cathedral. "Look, SAGRADA FAMILIA!"

"I know, you don't have to tell me," He chuckled, messing with my hair. I slapped his hand. "yeah, right. I'm going there anyway."

I began to continued walking there when he grabbed my hand, "c'mon, I know shortcut."

**

Here I am standing in front of Sagrada Familia. My jaw dropped in awe. Both astonishment and joy filled my lungs. "Oh my God—I really step my feet at Sagrada Familia."

He put his arm around my shoulder and whispered to me, "bienvenida en La Sagrada Familia."

I took my camera and took some photo of the Sagrada Familia then I pointed the lens to us and took selfie with Marc.

"It wasn't that bad," he said to me.

"You doubt my skills?"

"Of course not, sweet heart. Actually, I think this is the best," He said as the screen showed our last selfie. Marc's hand still around my shoulder, our head touched and we smile widely. I could tell how happy he was in the photo and the whole time.

We both queued to buy the ticket. The queue was unbelievably long. Some of fans recognize Marc and asked for photo. Marc accepted them. I just happy that they respect Marc's privacy. Because after Marc fulfilled their request, they were gone straight away.

We chatted while waiting the queue. After we get in, we started to wandering around. The outside was amazing but here inside was marvelous! The bright sunlight pouring through the stained glass windows cast an ethereal glow over the interior.

"You like it here?"

"Are you kidding? I've always wanted to come here!" my eyes glowed with sparkle. I shoot every corner of the building, missing none of them.

"Want to shoot some pose?" I said to him while still taking the picture of the architecture. He tensed for a second but maintained himself to stay cool, "as an object?"

"No," I glared at him, "Of course, you idiot."

"Sarcastic much?" He smirked, getting ready to pose.

"Sorry," I murmured. I took several photos of him with different poses. I even asked him to return the favor to capture me and took selfies with me.

I chuckled slightly as we looked at the pictures. Our silly faces made me broke into laughter. Marc grabbed the camera as I couldn't control the laughter. How thoughtful of he.

"Marc," i called him after I could catch my breath. We wandered around, admiring every detail of the architecture. Marc turned his head to face me. His smile appeared in an instant, "Yes, darling."

"You know," I began when Marc cut me off, "I don't know." I shot him an evil glare, "I'm not done talking."

Marc chuckled, "I know, Go on."

"I had a dream. When i married, i really wanted to have a holy matrimony here in Sagrada Familia." I smiled as i admire the stained glass window, still with eyes sparkling in amusement. Marc said, "and who is the lucky-future-husband of yours? Me?"

"How come you'd be so sure?" I asked, smirk at him.

"Nope, just feeling." Marc said teasing me. "I think we will make a good pair."

"Oh God, what kind of test is this?" I muttered to myself.

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤