Chapter 22 | You Must Be Kidding

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 22 | You Must Be Kidding

Valencia, Spain

"Big Jo!" yes, it was my big brother Jonathan. Why's he doing here anyway?

"Hello miss don't-forget-your-big-bro." I ignored his statement and turned to young woman next to him, Jane Viola, his fiancée. I hugged her, "How are you doing, big Sis?"

"Great as usual, you know your big bro misses you so much."

I smirked to him, "aw, really?"

Marc came with two bottle of milkshake and handed one to me.

"Hey, you must be Jonathan." Marc said, bro-hugging my big brother before hugging Jane. "I watched you play with Tottenham."

"I watched you compete in MotoGP," Jonathan said. We laughed together.

"So what are you doing here?" Marc asked. He put his arm around my shoulder. I quickly answered, "Big jo misses me so he tracked me here. He really is a good stalker."

Jane giggled, "Apparently he did."

"I have a friendly match with Valencia F.C. tonight and decided to ask Jane on a date since she's with me this entire time." Jonathan answered, putting his arm around her waist. "and accidentally meet Marsella."

"See no doubt he misses me." I laughed. "Don't you guys want to eat. It's lunch."

"Yeah, we could eat together," Jane agreed. I nodded, "let me purchase this first."

Marc led me to the cashier and purchase the fruit. We even got to another argument of whose-going-to-pay first.

"Marc, don't. They're on me," I said to him, threatened him with my death glare. But he didn't seem to care. He took his wallet and some cash from it. "I'm the man here."

"Let me buy this," I insisted.

"Sella,"

"Fine, but next time, I'll pay," I sighed and let him paid the fruits.

Jonathan and Jane joined us at lunch. Marc picked the restaurant and we ordered some traditional Valencian food along with sangria. I sat next to Marc while Jonathan and Jane sat together across us.

I picked up the menu book, so did they. Jonathan and Jane were busy discussing what treat would they eat while my mind was trying to understand the foods because I have no idea about this Valencian food at all. Marc seemed to notice my struggle and move closer to me. "You seem confused."

"As you can tell," I replied. "believe me I've no idea at all."

"Want to try Paella? It's really delicious dish. Also popular here," he looked at me with his convincing gaze. I sighed, "okay, I'll have Paella."

"Una Fideua, por favor," Marc said to the waitress. He nodded his head then write down our order. We ordered Sangria for the drink. Jonathan and Jane both ordered Esgarrat which I had no idea what it is. The waitress read our order for the last time before he came back to the kitchen.

Breaking the silence, Marc opened his mouth to talk to Jonathan, "I heard you'll transferred to Chelsea."

"That's right," Jonathan smiled.

"With that, his dream finally come true," I added, slight pain on my voice. The only dream I had until now was that I could travel the world with Marcell, but it will never come true. How am I supposed to travel the world with someone resting peacefully in heaven?

Jonathan smile dropped, "don't be like that. You know your dreams also coming true one by one."

"don't be like that," I whispered as my mind was taken to the day he said it.

Small group of teenager were sitting around the camp fire. Marsella sat, staring blankly at the fire. Giselle was helping Marcell prepared s'mores while Ansel played peaceful instrument with his guitar. Marcell seemed to notice Marcella was taken by her own mind so he decided to sit next to her.

"Here, don't think too much," He handed her a branch with a marshmallow on top of it, dragging Marcella back to earth. She sighed and took it. "You know I always wanted to travel the world, blogging about it. But last time I checked on my blog, there only one people. One people Marcell. And it was you. How am I supposed to keep up?"

"Look at Hoselton boy. He had a million, maybe more views on his blog. Also Jonathan, he worked hard to pursue his dream playing football, and he is captain of his school team now. I just don't understand. I worked so hard on this blog and travel things but this is what I got."

"You burned the marshmallow," Marcell spoke while took the branch from my hand. I was too busy complaining yet I forget the marshmallow. He threw it away.

"You know that everything takes time right?" Marcell simply said. He handed me his s'mores.

"I didn't feel like eating it."

"Eat it, I made it just for you," I rolled my eyes.

"This life is so depressing."

"Don't be like that. You can make it less depressing. Try to add some pictures from your camera to the blog, or you could make travel vlogs, I'll help you. Just promise me you threw away your negative self. I don't like working with negativities."

"Marcella? You with us?" I heard Marc voice. I glanced over them and realized the table already full of foods.

"How come he'd be so positive?" I asked them. The three of them looked me confusedly. "I was just having a flashback. Now shall we eat?"

"You're not going to have a mental breakdown, are you?" Jonathan sound worried.

"Nope, now let's eat." Marc just smiled at me and began to eat. I eat the Paella and it didn't satisfy my belly as I expected. It's good but I just didn't really like it.

"Marc, can I try yours?" I pleaded to him. I put a puppy face on. No one could resist my puppy face.

"I know that look," He chuckled. He pushed his plate to me. I tried it, "This is way more delicious than my meal."

"Marc, you love me right?" I asked happily at him making him raised a brow, confused but smiled anyway. So did Jonathan whom looked at me with unreadable expression. Jane? Just chuckled.

"Mind switching meals?" I asked.

"You guys already a thing?"

"Don't be stupid big bro," I rolled my eyes at him, "besides, who could not love me? Everybody loves me."

Jonathan rolled his eyes at my words while Marc finished his food. I protested, "MARC! I want those!"

"Too bad, it's on my belly." He teased me while patting his six pack stomach.

"I'll deal with you later," I threatened him, "you are so regretting this."

I finished my meal and had a little chat with Marc, Big Jo, and Jane before headed back to Revely.

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤