Chapter 27 | Spanish Broadway

Edited 03.02.2019

Chapter 27 | Spanish Broadway

Madrid, Spain

Gran Vía

I think it's a great way to start our journey. I mean there's nothing like Gran Vía, popular and up-market street in Madrid which happened to had a variety of interesting building.

I looked up and there it is, the Edificio Metrópolis or Metropolis Building at the corner of the Calle de Alcalá and Gran Vía. We were standing across the building, on the other side of the road.

"Wait, before we cross," Alex, from behind us said. We both stopped and turned around to face him. "What is it?"

"Can I use your camera?" Alex said. I let go my hand from Marc and took the camera off my neck. I hand it to Alex and tell him the basic to use the camera.

"Okay, thanks. Let's go!"

Marc intertwine our hands together. I felt my cheeks heat up but I quickly think of something else, hoping the blush will fade away. He led me crossing the road while Alex followed behind us.

"This street also known as Spanish broadway," Marc explained to me. We wandered along the avenue which is lined with theaters, hotels, and a lot of shops. "They has great architecture though, I love them," Gran Vía serves as showcase of early 20th-century revival architecture, which was great. I think. "Couldn't agree more."

This is a definition of a great place to stroll and take in the sights, particularly the skyline and the frontage of many old buildings.

"I wonder how this place looks like at night," I mumbled to myself.

"We could go back here if you want," Marc said.

"What a great idea, we can rent some bikes and explore Madrid, every inch of the city with motorcycle." I rejoiced, "besides, riding a bike was on my 'must things to do before die'."

Marc and Alex both gave me surprised looks and asked in unison, "You never rode bike?"

I shook my head. It's true, I may could drive car but never been rode a bike. "You're kidding," Marc said still in his disbelief.

"Nope, but I can drive cars. I know it's weird but that's the truth," I told them, "Mom never let me drove one."

"What a bummer," Alex said to me while tapping my shoulder, "Nah, it's fine."

After a long walk, we reach the end of the avenue which is Plaza de Espana. I stopped for a while just to admire two Madrid's famous skyscrapers. "Edificio España and Torre de Madrid," I mumbled.

I pulled out my phone and check the 'explore Gran Vía' on the list.

- Explore Gran Vía and Sol (walking tour)