Chapter 9 | Hello Florence

Edited 02.02.2019

Chapter 9 | Hello Florence

Florence, Italy

The Grand Opening day

I couldn't lie. Cakelivia—The name of Olivia's brand new patisserie—already filled with both guests and costumers. She really did a great job. Her baking was divine. Satisfied every mouth and belly. So yummy!

This wasn't like the ordinary patisserie. She literally sold some beverages too and set some bar, along with chairs and tables. Like a café.

"Thank you all for coming into the grand opening of my patisserie," she began to talk on the mini stage on the corner of the room. I smiled widely at her, proud of my best friends. I stood in between Alvaro and Peter.

"Before we began cutting the ribbon, I would like one of my best friend, Marsella, to say a little word for the opening." My eyes wide in shock. My heart stopped. Seriously? She wanted me to go up there and talk in front of many people?

"C'mon Marsella!" Alvaro pushed me gently as Peter patted my shoulder, giving me encouragement. I walked up the stage, feeling anxious.

"Thanks Olivia for the opportunity. I am Marsella, as she already said. This patisserie is a proof that all her hard work paid off. I'm sure there were good times and bad times. I remember once she almost gave up with her dream—she always wanted to open her own patisserie—but I, Alvaro, and Peter convinced her, telling her she can, she will, her hard work will paid off and she believe she could so she did. That's all I can say. Thank you." I smiled then walked down the stage.

Olivia brought her scissors and began cutting the ribbon as the symbol that the patisserie officially opened. Everybody including me clapped proudly.

The grand opening ended up great. I, Olivia, Peter and Alvaro now sat togeher and just talked about life. A blonde girl came approaching us. She looked really gorgeous. "Sorry babe, I'm late."

She then kissed Alvaro before took a seat next to Alvaro.

"Guys, meet my girlfriend, Carmen." Alvaro introduced his girlfriend. Well that was a shocking breaking news. I made an eye contact with Olivia before smiled greeting her, "Nice to meet you Carmen."

"You too,"

"I was about to tell you in group chat but I decided to tell you guys in person." Alvaro smiled happily.

"Well, we're happy for you buddy," Peter said.

I could felt my heart pounded really fast and chest pain attacked me. Why would I felt like this? I barely thinking about him since the last time we see each other. Spring break 3 years ago.

"Jovanka, you okay?"

I nodded and after that, Alvaro and Carmen started to tell us about them. Like how did they met, what they did on their first date, second date, and dates after. I started to think I need to get out from them.

I slid my hand to the bag and put out my phone, under the table, I texted my big brother, Jonathan.

Marsella: Urgent. Call me RN!

Sent.

I waited for him to call me but for the last 30 minutes, my phone didn't make any loud disturbing noise. No incoming calls. Where the hell was my lovely Jo-Jo.

"So how about you, Jovanka?" Alvaro asked, eyes glued to mine. I was shock for a moment. After I could pull myself together, I answered, "what about me?"

"Yeah, your love-life?" Carmen stated, sounded really arrogant. I would had killed her right now if I had to. But it couldn't happen. None of them know about me once had a crush on Alvaro but Olivia. Even Peter didn't know.

"Ah yea, about that. I'm still swamped with going one place to another, you know." That's the truth.

KRING..KRING..KRING

Ringtone that belong to my phone passing through the air. Finally, Jojo called me.

"I'm sorry I have to take this," I said before sliding the green call icon.

Jonathan: I got your text—Urgent. Call me right now—Really Sel? Why the hell do I have to call you? You're the one who need me.

Marsella: Damn! What did you do? I'm coming right now.

"Sorry guys, I had to go. I have a situation to be fixed." I said. Olivia gave me an understanding smile, "I'll wait you at my apartment."

I nodded to her, "See you!"

And by that I left the café.

Jonathan: Hello?

Marsella: I was stuck in conversation I didn't want to be included. So I need you to call me so I can get out of there.

Jonathan: I just get back from shower. You know, morning practice.

Marsella: I'm hanging up. Good bye.

Jonathan: wai—

I touched the red hang up icon on my screen. I walked around the city. Not knowing where exactly I was going to but I left that to my feet. Sometimes all you need was to trust your feet. They dragged me to a small yet unique water fountain. I got a feeling that my body kept telling me: I need to clear out my mind. So I did.

I took a coin out of my wallet. Staring at them while my mind went deeper into the ocean of thoughts.

Is there something wrong with me?

My feeling for Alvaro were all gone, right?

I started to feel insecure. How could I end up like this?

"I wish I meet the love of my life—the sooner the better—and able to handle every crap that life throw at me." And by that I threw the coin to the water fountain. And sighed.

A tap on my shoulder made me jolt. A familiar voice greeted me, "Marsella! Miss me?"

Thank You!

Kiarine 💙❤