Attack

Did I just run away? What was I thinking? Easy, I wasn't thinking at all but I already went this far. I just can't turn back. I had to think of a place to go. Where would they least expect me to be? I looked up to see many buildings ahead of me but only one thing stood out. The woods. I could go in there! They know I hate going in there.

It took long but not too long to get to the woods and when I thought I was deep inside, to the point where I thought I wouldn't be found. I was breathing heavily, my knees weak that it caused me to collapse onto the ground. I've never ran that much in my whole like that it was surprising I lasted that long. My breathing wasn't as heavy after a couple minutes and my feet where strong enough to get me to a tree so I could lean against it. What was I doing here? What am I going to do now? Whatever. I don't need a plan. I can just wing it. Right? Ugh, I'm such an idiot.

Panic is one of the things that I shouldn't have given into however I did. Sitting on the dirty ground as I wait for nothing.

An hour or two passed but it's hard to tell since there is no clock around and being alone can make it hard to tell what time it is. All I know is that throughout the whole time, I've been walking around the forest and knew it was time to head back. The question is, which way is home?

"Just great. And I left my phone back in my room." I sigh and try to retrace my steps but don't make any progress whatsoever. Once I decided to just head east, I felt like I wasn't alone. It's the woods so it could be just an animal but it felt dangerous. Sneaky. I stopped walking and looked around, not seeing anything other than trees and birds. I knew something was there and even if there isn't, it felt safe to just act dumb. Just in case. So I shrugged and walked at the direction I chose.

The feeling started to grow that it was becoming very uncomfortable. Relax [Name]. It's probably nothing. Probably? Do I want to risk it? I shook my head, anxiety and fear taking over. Before I could gather my thoughts and think logically, I found myself running away. There is something there. I just know there is.

I don't know how many steps I took or how many seconds/minutes I ran before I was tackled down to the ground. It was a hard thud but whoever or whatever tackled me, I wasn't going to make things easy for them. I screamed and thrashed my arms around. Kicking at whatever I could but it was useless. It was useless because there was a sharp pain going through. It must have been the smallest pocket knife because it sure didn't feel like an average one.

The whole time my eyes were closed while screaming, not saying a single word. Just screaming. That's when I could feel something wet around my neck but it hurt. It was spreading all over the place. My scream died down and all I wanted to do was gasp for air yet it seemed like a challenge that was impossible to complete. My eyes finally shot open but everything was blurry. All I could see were colors and hear muffled words. My eyes focused on one thing before everything went dark and it was a blue oval.