New View

Jack's POV

After [Name] stabbed Lewis and passed out, I delivered the final blow because his attempt to stay alive was pissing me off. There is nothing worse than seeing a pathetic human making a pathetic attempt. I then checked on [Name] when he was good as dead, taking the pocket knife out and inspecting it. From what I could tell it didn't go deep enough to hit any vital organs but she was bleeding out.

I ripped off the bottom of her shirt and used it to tie it around her chest, applying pressure. Enough to stop the flow for a while and fix her up once she was ready. When she was at a good condition to move, I took her to my forbidden room and been taking care of her there for a whole day and the next day was spent in the room we shared. I could have just let her die but something in me just didn't let me do it. I had to fix her up.

Throughout the two days, everyone in the house has asked me why I was bothering in taking care of [Name] and all I said is that she will have to owe me one if I did. Yet the answer I gave did not feel right. Not only that but for the past two days I've been watching the news to see if her dad was dead but nothing came up. Just one drunken man that died in a car accident.

The second day was close to ending and I went to our room and I shouldn't have because I made a mistake. A mistake at looking at her face. Her face was just as I remembered it. She looked exactly like the friend of the girl who turned me into the monster I am. When I first saw her face, it was a shock to me for she died years ago and just seeing her face got me all angry. Remembering that day just triggered something in me and the only reason I returned for her was to get my lunch but it was a surprise to see that she still lived after what I have done to her. It pissed me off that Slender wanted to keep her here because she was only a reminder to me. My trigger. That's all she was to me.

Though, over time, it slowly changed because she wasn't the girl I remembered. She was different yet annoying. Just seeing her face makes me angry but the changes in her after dying makes it more bearable to even face her. She became more tolerable but I have no idea why.

I sat right by her bed, taking her journal and reading it. I didn't really know what the normal speed in a Soul Taker is when trying to get in touch in what they are but she seemed to be doing alright. I didn't have time to read the journal some more because I could hear her stirring. She was waking up. I put her journal back and just watched her.

She slowly opened her eyes, they looked normal, like she wasn't blind anymore and when taking a closer look it seemed that I might as well be right for her skin changed. It was darker; A few shades darker. Maybe I didn't save her and she died? No, that can't be possible, she didn't lose enough blood to bleed out and no vital organs were hit. Her heart was pumping the whole time. So how was this possible?

"What happened?" She said. Not fully remembering what happened.

"You've been out for two days now and I think i-" I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence for she threw her blanket on me to get up but even though I couldn't see, I can tell she was having trouble. The stab wound in her chest has not healed properly and is giving her a hard time. I took the blanket off me. "You-"

"Shut up and put the blanket back on. I'm going to get dressed." It would have been wiser to just stop her but instead, I let her get dressed; I didn't put that blanket over my head. Instead I just turned around. I knew what she was going to do, she was planning on leaving to go save her father but in that condition, it was going to be a challenge. Not to mention that she is up against two people now and has not had anything in her stomach for two days. She is at her weakest point. Outnumbered, empty stomach, not healed, no weapon, no plan. It was basically a death sentence but then again, death isn't really a problem for her.

I didn't even get a chance to stop her because she bolted for the door, trying to leave the mansion and that must have been hard, with her chest not healed yet. Even though I knew she needed to know this I let her go but it came with a heavy feeling on my shoulders. Almost it was a mistake though what she does at this point forward was no longer my business. After a few minutes of just standing in one spot, I lift the room to go to the living room, check out what the rest are doing for I had nothing else to do.

When arriving, BEN was playing one of his video games, taking the opportunity since I haven't let him have the TV in the past two days. Jeff was watching and Judge Angel was just minding her own business. I decided to sit on the far side of the couch to watch BEN play his game but he just paused once I sat down.

"Not going to tell us where [Name] is headed to?"

"Her death, again."

"Going to climb a tree another tree and fall?" BEN seemed to be very interested in this.

"She went back to her home to save her precious and clueless dad. Won't last long since she is at her weakest point."

"And if she dies, her body will be found at her house." Slender's booming voice entered my head. "She will wake up elsewhere and it will shock the public if she is found alive. Have you ever thought about that?"

"So what?" I said, "It's not like they will be tracking us just by finding her."

"Out of the time she has been here, you have witnessed that she is not stable with choices. Her actions and words just come and she does not think through it. If by chance she is locked up to test on, she might mention us, either by accident or purpose. They may even believe her since they have seen that she can return from the dead."

"So?"

"Bring her back. That is an order."

I let out a sigh for a part of me was frustrated that she is my problem but another part of me felt lighter.