Two Deaths

Author Speaking: I'll give you a hint, LJ is in this chapter.

EJ-POV

The events that happened back to Area 51 was coming back to me while flying the helicopter back to the woods. Greg gave instructions on how to fly it for when I escape. Seeing [Name] take that bullet for me just put me in a state of depression because I did go there to save her but instead she was the one to save me. Holding her in my arms as she was losing her last life made me wish things were different. I went there to save her. I was even planning to tell her how I felt but a single bullet made me believe that everything I worked for was gone. That was until the second gunshot and the second body that fell.

I knew then I had to leave before the body count went up to three and I didn't want to be the third one. I was already angry that this man was trying to kill me. I aimed for him when throwing the Molotov at him, he caught on fire. While he was trying to put himself out, I used the homemade bomb to break down the wall behind me. Luckily, it leads me straight out; giving me a chance to carry [Name] out and to the helicopter.

I was finally above the woods and above the same place where I saw Greg. I lowered the helicopter, turning it off and slinging my duffle bag over my shoulder, then carrying [Name's] healing body. When looking at her, I saw that she was looking more and more like a porcelain doll. Just like Print.

When arriving at the mansion, I busted the door down with my foot, anyone who was there immediately snapped their attention to my direction. "I'll be staying." That was all I said as I remembered the deal I had with LJ. He was in the very back, witnessing that I managed to do what he thought was impossible. He angrily frowned, not happy about how I proved him wrong. I didn't stick around long enough for people to ask questions for I went to my room, that I shared with [Name], laying her on her bed. Judging on how fast she heals and how fast she is changing, she would be awake in a couple of hours. In the meantime, I had to check on Heather for her.

[Name] POV

I woke up to feel a small pinch over my heart that I thought it was a warning of me having a heart attack. Regardless, I forced myself to get up. When I pushed my hand down to get up, I felt something soft. My eyes shot up, scared that I was in a room that Area 51 took me to while I was asleep but it proved to be wrong. I was in my room. I was in my room from the Slenderman mansion. Then I heard someone clearing their throat right next to me; it turned out to be Jack.

I had so many questions and Jack seemed to know that I was confused. He explained everything that happened back at Area 51 and what was happening in the mansion while I was gone.

"You did all that for me? Why?" I was looking at Jack, trying to read him even though he had his mask on but I was certain I would still be able to read him like I was able to before I was taken.

Jack lowered his head and then he did the last thing I expected him to do. He took off his mask. I looked away, knowing he doesn't like people looking at him without it on. "No, I want you to look. Look at me." He sounded gentle. I turned my head to see him, slightly gasping when I saw how grey his skin is, the hollow eye sockets, the black ooze coming out of his eye sockets, making it look like he was crying. But the thing that mainly caught my attention was how handsome he looks even though he isn't even human. He took my hand, looking into my eyes.

"I went through all that stress and worry for you." He looked like he was struggling and I could tell because being nice really isn't something Jack is good at. He frowned, looking angry and that made me smile. That's the Jack I know. "Just.... Just know I care about you." He sounded angry but I could also tell he was serious about what he said.

I got out of my bed, quickly hugging him. "I care about you too." He hugged me a few seconds after that but parted when my stomach started to whine about how hungry it was. That simple noise made Jack smile and offered to accompany me to the kitchen. We didn't get far because we then heard noise from Heather's room. She sounded like she was in pain. I quickly unlocked the door, pushing myself in. Right there, I found Heather, on her bed, trying to calm herself down and on the floor was something like a puddle. Her water broke.

"Oh my God! I knew this day was coming but I never thought this far. What do we do?"

"Shut up and follow my instructions!" Jack yelled at me, trying to get me to quiet down and hurry up. He told me to get some items that would help Heather and ablle to deliver the baby. I got everything he asked of me but she couldn't deliver the baby just yet. The baby wasn't ready to come out.

We waited for hours in the same room as Heather until it was finally ready for her to push. After several minutes of Heather screaming and yelling at her to push, there was a baby in my arms, crying. It was a girl. Jack cut the umbilical cord with his scalpel and told me exactly how to wash the baby. While I was washing the baby, Jack went to our room and grabbed one of my jackets that we used as a blanket since we didn't really have a baby sized blanket in the mansion. After all that, Heather started to talk.

"Alright, you have the damn baby. Now you promised to let me go after I give birth to the damn thing!" I was carrying the wrapped up sleeping baby.

"I did promise that." I got closer to her, as well as Jack. We planned how we would kill her after two weeks of her being here. He would be behind me while I was carrying the baby, his hands in his pockets and ready to attack right after I say a few words that would probably scare her and give her the idea that she won't be going anywhere. "But did you really think we meant go as in alive? We can't have you reporting us, especially now that you know how we look like and where to find us. Good luck in hell." I smiled and quickly moved away just in time for Jack to kill her. She put up a bit of a fight but Jack managed to kill her anyway. Her dying screams were very satisfying to me.

"Thank you, Jack." He only gave me a thumbs up as he was cutting into her, taking her kidneys and chomping into one.

"Finally getting rid of her was very delightful." He said while his mouth was still full of half a kidney.

"Okay, now we gotta let the public know. Would it be too much to ask for you to take the baby to our room while I get something quick to eat?" He took the final bite of the single kidney and then took the baby.

"Better be quick. If the baby wakes up I will not know what to do."

"She'll be at an orphanage soon enough. Don't you worry about it." I'm sure that if he had eyes, he would be rolling them but he just smirked and left to leave the sleeping baby in our room. I sighed and walked to the kitchen after staying in Heather's room for a moment longer than necessary. After turning one corner, I was now face to face with LJ. He had the widest smile I have ever seen him use but most of all, I was feeling a piercing pain right below my ribs.

My eyes widened, my breath stopped from the shock. I forced my head to lower to look down. Right there, I saw a bloody knife that was still stabbed right into me. LJ's hand was on the handle. "Don't take this personally, [Name]. You just got to understand that killers like us can't be in relationships. I'm helping our little Jack by just getting rid of you, I hope you do understand." There was no hint of guilt in his voice, just joy. He then pulled the knife out and started repeatedly stabbing me until I couldn't stand on my own anymore.

I saw him walk away with the bloody knife, leaving me on the floor to die. With that many stab wounds, I knew I wasn't going to survive even if the whole mansion tried helping me. I knew that this death was going to be a death I would remember and while dying, all the deaths I have been through came rushing back into my head. The painful memories all flashed throughout my head as I was dying but that wasn't all. I could also see the truth; death was something that no mortal wishes to go through but it apparently held the truth and showed the truth to things the living cannot see.

I saw the truth to my life, the answers I could not get. I am a Soul Taker that was supposed to be a human. Neither of my parents was a Soul Takers; no one in my family was one and how I became a Soul Taker was interesting. Before I could die, I dug my own fingers into my own blood, writing "I'll be back" on a clean part of the floor next to me but I passed away before I could finish the last word.