Gone

Once I was at the door, I changed souls, now blind. I walked in, not knowing the layout or who would be in it. "Hello?" I yelled out. "Hello?"

There was then a tap on my shoulder which made me jump and turn around. "What are you doing here so late at night?" It was a female officer.

"Well-you see-it's just..." I was pretending to be timid to make this act more realistic. "This is for you." I handed the pencil case to her which she took it without a second thought.

"You sure did fill this up." Her voice was all it took for me to know that she was already in police mode which didn't make sense to me but it hit me. I was supposed to stay outside where the darkness can hide me. I'm inside where there are light and the sunglasses seem suspicious to wear at night time. That or she was starting to think that my face looks familiar.

"I didn't do anything, ma'am. Someone gave it to me and told me to deliver it here." My voice was quiet, trying to sell the shy and timid act.

"Can you tell me how they looked like?"

"No, ma'am. I didn't see them, I'm blind ma'am." There was some silence between us but she was the one to break it.

"Well thank you for this, you stay safe. Never know who is wandering around."

"Yes, ma'am." I then walked away but the female officer said I was going the wrong way. She told me which direction to go which I thanked her for but ran into the door on my way out. I kept repeating that I was fine and kept walking. After a few seconds when stepping out, I changed souls, happy to have my sight back but it wasn't the end there. I was able to hear footsteps behind me, sounded like they were rushing which made me turn around. I saw a female officer, which meant it must be the one I was talking to a while ago.

"Hold up!" Those words were dumb since I already stopped walking but then I remembered that she believes I'm blind. She wants to reassure that she was no dangerous stranger. I didn't want to change back to the blind soul so I had to pretend. She was now in front of me, she looked serious while looking at me. Even though she believes that I am blind, she held up the pencil case which I noticed wasn't as full as it was when I handed it to her. "Can you tell me anything about the person who gave you this."

Now I had to make up some crap. "She sounded pretty." After saying those words, I surprised myself because without knowing it, I was using the voice that had the accent. Immediately I switched to the blind soul. I had to fix what I just did. "She also sounded like that. That's about all I know, ma'am." Again, there was silence.

"You're coming with me." She was now grabbing my arm, pulling me towards the police station.

"What's going on? Ma'am, I just want to go home." I couldn't struggle because that would make things even worse and I couldn't fight her because I wasn't carrying a weapon with me at all. And fighting her in front of the police station is stupid. There are other officers there.

I shouldn't have agreed to LJ's plan.

EJ-POV

I've looked all over the mansion but I couldn't find [Name] anywhere. I heard that she wasn't here to have dinner and she would normally be in our room just writing in her journal of the progress she made of being a Soul Taker. Maybe even choosing tomorrow's outfit or eating a snack like a fruit loop but nothing. It was just like how it went with Print so I knew exactly who to go to.

I knocked on LJ's door which he opened and with all my force, I pushed him out of pure rage. "Where is she?" I yelled at him. "I know you did something to her so spill it before I kill you myself, you stupid unwanted clown!"

"Easy there Jacky, boy. I didn't do anything to her."

"Lies!"

"Now you know that once I'm caught I don't lie. I even confessed to everyone that it was my fault that Print is gone." He had a smile on, which was something I didn't want to see right now.

"You said it in a sarcastic tone when I was trying to tell everyone the truth."

"And the truth was said, I can't change what people think. If you want to know what happened then I'll tell you the truth. I spoke with [Name] for a few minutes and at one point she asked for a pencil case. After that, she wanted to take a walk in the woods so I went with her but came back to the mansion after being out for so long. That is the truth." I looked him in the eyes, looking for any sign of him lying but I didn't see anything.

"You're hiding something from me, I know it."

"You're right, I am. It was me that put your bed outside three years ago. Surprise!" He started laughing at his own joke but it wasn't so amusing to me. Especially how [Name] is missing. I growled at him. "Easy there, Jack. She'll turn up, I promise you that. Just like I promised that she wouldn't go missing."

"She's missing right now!"

"It isn't missing if someone knows where she is. It just means she is out." Even though my mask was on, I felt like he knew I was glaring at him. "Alright, how about we make a deal?" I stayed quiet. "You tell me why she matters and I'll tell you what I know. It's a small price for something so big." I had to think about it. Do I really want to tell someone like him why I even cared at all? Do I care enough about her to tell him my reason?

I sighed. "She means more to me than Print did. I like her." He clapped, congratulating me on how I was able to get myself to say it. "Alright, now tell me what you know."

"I will, just not now." I cursed at him for not keeping his side of the deal. "Oh, I am keeping it. Nowhere in the deal did it say that I have to tell you right away. You'll know when I'm ready." I growled at him before leaving. I had to find another way to find her.

A/N: I'm such a bad author ;-; Like you all know, there are plenty of back up souls left but to be honest, I forgot how many there are. So, just this one time, may I ask of you to help me out and tell me how much is left? I'm super sorry. Forgive me!