New Friend

What they all said was right. I was going to be taken to be tested on if I wasn't careful. I was going to be locked up and be nothing but an exotic animal to everyone who worked in Area 51. I tried to get away from them all while we were still in the helicopter. At one point their grip wasn't tight so I took that opportunity and got them off me. I followed the touch of where the breeze was coming and jumped out. Thinking if they think I am dead, they'll just leave me be. They couldn't possibly know what I can do but I wasn't successful. They grabbed my hand right as I jumped out. They weren't going to let me go so easily.

Right now I was in a room that had nothing in it. Just cushioned walls, a door, and a window so I can see who is to visit or come for me. Never in my life have I ever thought I would be in a place like this. Sitting in a corner while thinking of all my mistakes and sorta missing all the people back in the mansion. The weird thing about all this is that the person I missed the most wasn't innocent little Sally. It was my roommate, Jack. Just thinking about him made me wonder what he could be doing at this very moment. Probably thinking that the whole mansion finally drove me insane and I ran away to get away from it all.

My thoughts and the lonely solitary got me to sleep in my little corner since there wasn't anything else for me to do. In my dream, I was back at the mansion, right in front of it with my ball peen hammer in my hand. A dummy on the floor that had some holes in it. I was practicing but then I saw Jack coming. He had his mask on and he was completely focused on me.

"Alright, what did I do wrong that you have to look at me like that?" The black ooze started to spill out of those black eyes from his mask.

"Why did you leave me?" The words were so soft that I knew he wasn't mad. He was just asking.

"I'm just training, I thought this dummy on the ground would make it obvious."

"That's not what I meant. Why did you leave-" There was now an echo that was surrounding us. It sounded like a voice but the words were so unclear. The sound of the voice was like someone trying to talk from the other side of a wall but barely able to be heard.

"What is going on?"

Jack then took hold of my shoulders, the distance between us was closing "Answer me quickly. Why did you leave-"

"Wake up!" A rough masculine voice echoed around. Everything around me was starting to feel less real. Even Jack's touch seems less real, felt more like a feather was just touching my exposed skin. "Wake up!" The dream I was in just blew away as if it was sand and the harsh wind was getting rid of it. I was now fully awake but out of instinct, I turn to roll around so my face is facing the other way around. Very lazily, I say, "Jack."

The sound that was behind me stopped but that was until I heard a scream. I bolted up and turned my head toward the noise. There I saw a blonde girl, a needle now in her neck and she was slowly falling to her knees. She was in pain by whatever they injected into her. The man that injected her then pushed her into the room I was in and closed the door. I was using the soul that gave me the accent

I hurried over the blonde girl, trying to ease her pain but it was worthless. After around a minute, she stopped screaming and was just on the ground. Breathing heavily after being in so much pain. Just looking at her made me know that this is what I was going to have to deal with now that they captured me. I didn't say a word for I wanted the girl to calm down after being through all that but while waiting, I noticed that everything her exposed skin touched left a mark. It was like her skin was covered in ink and was leaving evidence but she was completely clean. Another thing I also noticed is that her skin and everything about her made her look like a doll. If I didn't see what happened in the past few minutes then I would have been tricked by her looks.

I didn't move from my spot, which was next to her, just like she didn't move from her spot. Her heavy breathing was now slowing down to be at a normal pace but she did not speak. Things were starting to become awkward so I was about to speak up but she beat me to it. "What... What do you do?" Her voice was so quiet yet soft. It was soothing enough to put a child to sleep in seconds.

"I don't understand what you mean."

"This is Area 51, they don't take normal people and imprison them so what is so special about you?" That question was not something I expected but now that I knew what she could do it was only fair I told her.

"I can't die and I can change my appearance. There is just a little catch to it though."

"Like what?"

"I have to kill to live. I take souls which give me life. Almost like a video game but it is possible to gain more lives. And I can only change one thing about myself depending on what soul I use."

"Do they know what you can do?"

"I don't think so."

"Keep it that way as long as you can." She said, finally trying to get up in a sitting position. She uses her hands to help her but when removing them, there was now a handprint there. I couldn't help but think that in just an hour, this whole room will be black thanks to her skin. "Don't worry, these things can be washed off." There was silence again. It seems to be something that happens a lot lately. "You said a name just a few minutes ago. Can you repeat it?"

"A name? You mean when I said, Jack?" She let out a sigh then closed her eyes, leaning her whole body on a wall, her head now tilted back. "I'm [Name]."

She opened her eyes, moving her head forward so she can see me, one of her hands extended in order to shake my hand. "I'm Print."