Deep Thinking

Another week passed and throughout it, Slenderman has made sure I have been busy and not spending every day, all day, in the room Jack and I share. I've been put, with several of the people here, to train to fight, which I consider as self-defense classes instead of 'prepare her to be a killer' classes. When I wasn't taking my self-defense classes, I was either doing my part in the mansion or practicing in being a better Soul Taker.

I would write in my journal every night of the progress I have made but there was very little. Only whispers but now and then the whispers would sound different, which got Jack to confess he killed four people on the day I learned about the Soul Taker thing. Obviously, that made me mad and later on sad that those lives were taken and I couldn't do anything to stop him because I fell for that trap. Though it only encouraged me to practice some more so I could hear them and give them peace, if possible.

Things changed but sadly that deal didn't. Some have said that Hoody doesn't expect me to do it and others say he does but it all ends the same way. Whether I do it or not, I am here to stay because that was an order by Slenderman himself. Sometimes it bothers me that he doubts I would come through on my deal and makes me want to complete it to prove him wrong but then I remember that I'll be taking a life. A life is something you get only once. Sadie once tried to convince me to kill by just targeting the ones that are bad. For someone that is my enemy, she was surely helping me but of course, she just wanted me to become one of them. That was all she wanted.

Though, every night, after writing in my journal, I would actually consider it. I would be taking out one person at a time, saving innocent people from whatever torture that bad person gave them. Was it worth it? It was always a debate and sometimes the answer was yes. Though, I couldn't decide whom to go after. If I wanted to kill, I would want it to be memorable because every first is something important. Then I mentally slapped myself for thinking of making a first kill memorable. It was just killing a terrible person and sending them to where they belong.

My eyes darted to the picture frame that was placed on my bedside table. There I could see the picture of when it was my birthday. My dad and the three devils. Could those three be my answer? I almost wanted to, to free my dad of those three even though it would pain him even more. To lose a daughter and then his entire family but it seemed right.

Before I could think of it, even more, Jack came inside the room to tell me it was time to train. I sighed and grabbed a pocket knife that Jeff let me borrow for my training, letting me know that if I ruin it, he would kill me.

When we got out, I instantly got into fighting position, knowing he would strike immediately as he has done so before. He pulled out his scalpel that he uses for when he goes 'hunting' and not once have I seen him apart from it. Instead of his usual charge, he stood there, his unseen eyes behind that mask were probably studying me before attacking or probably waiting for me to make the first strike. All my attention was on him that it was too late when I heard someone behind me. "Looks like I am finally on top." The voice sounding all too familiar. BEN

"What are you doing? I'm trying to train here."

"BEN is part of your training. There will be times when you will be facing more than one person so you need to be prepared for that."

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

"Your enemy will never give you a warning." At that, Jack told BEN to get off me and we started my training. It wasn't easy at all but I had to manage because I knew they weren't going to go easy on me. After the training, I told the rest that I was going to go for a walk and I would be back soon. Some didn't believe me but they knew the woods way better than I did so I didn't return soon, they would be able to find me easily.

After going far enough, I found an opening that would be perfect for a campsite. I climbed a tree so that in case humans came, they wouldn't be able to see me. One high enough, I couldn't help but think further into the deal that was made between Hoody and I. A part of me just thinks that I have been around everyone for too long that the way they think was starting to affect me; almost like it was a virus but I knew that was just crazy.

Though there were reports that normal people were known to break down and go insane when being around their kidnappers or soon to be killers, changing them and becoming dangerous. Could I be going through that or was it just those dark thoughts that everyone happens to have but know the difference between right and wrong? If it wasn't, what kind of person would I turn out to be?

I started to think of what kind of murders are the worst. There was the kind that found joy in it or even get turned on by it, knowing that I wouldn't want to be one of those. There are also those who would keep a souvenir of their victim as a trophy or even their whole body. Though, the scariest ones were those who thought killing was good because God told them to. Brainwashed so badly that they don't know what is happening. It made me think of that was what would happen to me if I were to kill.

My mind broke free from that train of thought as the sound of a crow echoed throughout the woods, causing me to jump from the tree branch I was sitting on. My body losing its balance and making me fall off from that tree. The cold hard ground, waiting for me down below, soon going to be drinking the blood from my body when I hit it. I wonder how much I will be able to remember this time.

---------------

Hey, it is me! The author. I just wanted to say that I am sorry I have not updated in a bit. I have had terrible internet connection for awhile but everything is fixed now. Thank you for being patient and while I do not have writers block, I would love to hear your ideas on what you think will happen or what you want to happen. Also, sorry this chapter isn't as exciting but there is an explanation to it that will make sense in the next chapter. I promise. Take care my Creepens (I'll think of a better name for y'all later on.)