Her Story

I lost a couple souls while in here. I still had my family's souls, one thing which made me question why. My dad no longer considers me as his once he learned about what I was up to. Lewis and Chris are a pain, especially having Chris' soul because I did not like sounding like him. Print and I have been kept in different rooms ever since the contagious and deadly illness test started. Even though I am now fully healthy, they haven't put us together but our rooms are next to each other so we still talk. Right now I was leaning against one wall, talking to her.

"Print?"

"Yeah?"

I didn't say a word right away because I was trying to find a way to word it but I knew that it wouldn't matter how it was said. "Can you tell me how you ended up in here?"

"I'd rather not."

"Is it because it has to do with someone that had the name, Jack?" There was silence on her end, a long-lasting silence that it made me think that she could be tearing up. On the edge of crying. I wouldn't blame her, it's not like there will be a good story when being taken by Area 51.

"Two."

"What?"

"Two Jacks. I know that you know them. You mentioned them during your sleepless weeks and those people are the people I used to live with. The Slender mansion." I brought my knees to my chest, my arms resting on top of them while I laid my head on top of it all. She was one of them, just like me. She used to be a killer who has now ended up in a place like this.

She chuckled but it sounded sad, it hurt her to think back to those days. "I had too much trust on Jack. Laughing Jack. He's the reason why I'm here and I didn't even get a chance to say sorry to EJ."

I knew it hurt her, it said so in the sound of her voice while talking but my curiosity got the best of me. I had to ask. "Can-" A slight pause, "Can you explain how and why?" She didn't say anything right away and I couldn't blame her. It must have been a big backstab and a terrible way to leave things with Jack if it was difficult for her to even say a word about it.

"Jack and I were roommates when I started living at the mansion. He had so many rules that it almost drove me crazy. Some nights I would worry about my life because there were times I would piss him off really badly." I smiled, now tilting my head to rest on the wall. That does sound like Jack. "But in around a month, we became friends. He didn't care so much about the rules anymore, he didn't even mind if I saw him without his mask." Those words hurt me. I haven't gotten that far with him and I've known him for months while she got there in just a month.

"Things were moving so fast that we ended up dating in secret. No one knew about us but somehow LJ found out. He promised not to tell anyone; he kept his word too. At one point, Jack and I got tired of hiding the fact that we were dating, so we planned to move out and live together elsewhere. He would collect his victim's wallets, hiding them in our room." At least that explains the wallets.

"If I wasn't killing, he would be but while he was killing I would be alone. LJ noticed that, so we started hanging out whenever EJ was out. I started to get closer with him, to the point where I trusted everything he did and said. He would even join me on my kills. Sometimes wandering off and would have the widest smile when I saw him again." Her voice started to crack on that last sentence. Something told me that the sensitive part was coming. Even though there was a wall between us, I was able to hear her sob but trying her best to stop it. I didn't say anything. I didn't know how to help. Very slowly, she stopped sobbing but that didn't mean she wasn't hurting.

"EJ heard about how much time I was spending with LJ. He thought I wasn't being loyal. We had a big fight where it ended with him threatening to kill me for being an unfaithful whore. Everyone in the mansion heard it, then LJ found me outside. He offered to help clear my mind, so we went to a town to find a victim. Little did I know it was actually a trap. He somehow contacted Area 51. Those times he wandered off while we were killing together was actually to secretly take pictures of me. Evidence of what I could do and that I was dangerous." There was another pause before she continued.

"He said he was going to the house next to it so we can have a contest on who can kill faster. He let me have a 2-minute headstart because he thought I was that slow. Little did I know that while I was in there, he took that chance to run away so they couldn't get him too. I was tackled down once I got inside that house. That was the last time I was ever seen by one outside of here."

Those last words must have hit her hard because she started sobbing again which led to a full-blown tear fest. She was captured because she had trust in the wrong person. The person she thought was her friend and now Jack, the person she loved, thinks that he still hates her. Maybe thinks that Jack has thought throughout these years that she left him or has died. Mistakes were made, mistakes she can't even fix because of how trapped she is. She must have really cared so much to be crying about it while I am just here, dry as a desert.

I too was betrayed by the same person but maybe I wasn't crying because I didn't have the same thing she had. Maybe I didn't care about them as much as Print did or maybe they gave me a reason to not care. BEN was a pervert, LJ was a bastard, Jack was a distant monster, Sadie was a bitch, Masky was one of my murders, Jeff never tried to talk to me. The only good one was Sally but even so, I didn't spend much time with her. That place was never my home and those people were never my friends. It was just a roof and killers. Nothing more but even so, why did it hurt that she got a connection with Jack faster than I got one with him?

Print was now silent again. "Print, I promise you that I will leave this place with you and I'll even fix things between you and Jack. You'll be back together." She didn't say a word but I heard snoring. She cried herself to sleep.