Second Chance

Without even thinking, I dropped myself to the floor. I sat down as I had my knees close to my chest, arms above my knees and head resting on top of my arms. I was shutting everything out and I don't know why since being in this position won't stop Jack's fury. All I knew is that, for some reason, I might be trying to get Jack to take pity on me.

I could see light slowly entering the room when the door was being opened. I was right behind the door so he shouldn't have seen me just yet. All I had to do was stay in this position until he leaves or notices me, but I guess he didn't have to move from his spot to know I was here.

"You have five seconds to leave before I change my mind and actually kill you."

"I'm not leaving until I know for sure he is gone."

I heard him walk around the door to see what position I was in. "So you haven't seen what is in here?"

"No." I paused and then started to slowly lift my head, now curious what was in here. I didn't get too far though because my eyes were covered by his gloved hand and he pulled me up so quickly. Everything was going so fast. Soon, my back was against his chest as he was leading me out of the room, my eyes still covered by his hand.

He let go of my shoulder but I didn't move for I didn't know if it was okay or if it would tick him off. I heard the clicking sound of a door closing before his hand was removed and my eyes saw the light of the hallway, slowly adjusting after being in that dark room. After they adjusted, I looked around to make sure BEN was nowhere near but it slipped my mind that BEN was an old problem and the new one was right behind me.

"Why did you choose that room out of all the rooms that are here?"

"I-I was just in a panic. Ben was chasing me and I just didn't want to find out what would happen if he caught me." Every word was a challenge to say, scared that if I don't use the right words, he would pounce. "I swear, I didn't know it was your room!" I said, hoping he will believe me.

"How could you not know that was my off-limits room?" He yelled.

"I was in a panic! Things didn't actually register in my mind. I would think you would know that out of all people. I'm pretty sure your victims had done the same thing when you chase them down. Did that girl in the woods you killed do that? Did she enter into a panic that she went to her tent and was soon cornered by you?" He didn't say a word or even move. The black eyes of his mask were just staring at me and soon enough, him staring at me made me squirm a little.

"Don't ever go in there again."

"That's it? You're not going to kill me?"

"Do you want me to change my mind?"

"No, it's just that I am in a bit of shock."

"You should be grateful that I'm not but I will if I ever catch you there again."

A part of me wanted to ask why he was taking pity on me but there was that voice of reason that told me to shut my mouth before I regretted it. Though keeping my mouth shut only made me think of new questions. Why does he care? Why did he cover my eyes? How did he know I was there even though he didn't see me? Why did he decide to stay here and not go with the others?

My mind was racing with many questions but I knew I had to keep my mouth shut before it ended with me on the flood in a pool of my own blood. I was about to walk away when I heard a deep booming voice.

"I am happy to see that you haven't killed her."

"You ordered me not to." He said plainly. Was that the reason why he didn't kill me? Because he remembered about the order Slenderman gave him?

"Good, because I need you and [Name] to come with me."

"Why?" I spoke up.

"You will know once you get there. Jack, you know where to take her." He nodded and then Slenderman was gone. Does he want us to fight to the death? Whatever it is, I know for sure I won't like it.