Trouble Stirred

Last night they put me in a holding cell and took away my sunglasses. They even took away the earbuds I had on and took away what was supposed to be a phone but was just a phone case. Everything was supposed to go well but I made mistakes. I was questioning if my first mistake was entering the building or agreeing to this plan. I had no way to get out of here unless I tried lockpicking but I had nothing to do that.

It was already morning and I have become so desperate that I was trying to saw off the cell bars with my finger. Which was doing less damage than when I was trying to bite them off. I heard footsteps and went back to using the blind soul. It is better to be blind than to pretend because it is more realistic. "Hello? Whoever is there can you tell me why I'm here? I was just the delivery girl, I didn't commit a crime."

"But you did come out of nowhere. We searched the name you gave us but you didn't show up anywhere." It was a male voice so now I had to study this person to know how to get out but only based on what I can hear. This is a challenge

"I was Amish. I left my home to join the modern world because I was of no use there." I was grabbing hold of the cell bars, hopefully, he is still where I last heard him but he was all quiet. "Sir?"

"Yes, I'm still here. I'm just wondering why you are acting so confused on where you go and where you're facing when you were so sure of yourself when coming here and leaving. We saw that in the security footage that the bakery down the street handed to us."

"I've never been in here so it is all new to me. I'm more familiar with the streets."

"Can you explain why your fingerprints match up to a girl who is dead?"

"Your system must be flawed. How could that be? And why would I know the answer when even you don't know. You are the police." I was starting to get pissed off and something told me that he could hear it in my voice. "I want my one phone call."

"Sure, just tell me the number. You are blind so I'm sure you might misclick and accidentally call someone else."

I couldn't help but scowl "It's a private number that I promised not to give away."

"Why? Is this person doing something illegal and you're covering up for them?"

"I suddenly don't want my one phone call." I could hear that he was coming closer to the cell but I refused to back away. Not letting him have that satisfaction of scaring me but I regretted it soon after. I felt him grabbing my shirt and pulling me forward. His face close to mine and he needed seriously strong breath mints.

"I suggest you tell me what you know, right now." He was trying to play the bad cop card, the big bad wolf but I lived with murders. He was just a pissed off puppy compared to them.

I smiled. "I know you need a breath mint. Is that morning breath or did you eat something that replicated that smell?"

"You went from trying to convince me that you are innocent to having the courage to stand up against me. You're hiding something."

"You keep accusing me of something I didn't do and it is pissing me off. People change when being accused of something they didn't do and when pissed off."

"Well, I think you are full of sh-"

"Stand down." It was another male voice. Much more demanding and confident. Almost like he is well put together and he is only here for business.

The police officer let go of me and I took that opportunity to step away from the bars in case he tried to get to me again. "And who the hell are you?"

"FBI so I advise you to stand down because this case is now our business."

"And how did you know about this?" This was now more trouble for me. With police, I just had to wait 24 hours before they had to let me go from this holding cell. Because they would not have enough evidence to keep me here but now the FBI is here. The problem just became even bigger.

"That information is classified. Let us just say that you don't get paid enough for this case."

"It can't be that serious. Plus, we have it under control here." There was silence between the two and all I could think is that they must be having an intense stare off.

"Then I'll leave it to you if you can give me something the FBI doesn't already know about her."

"Her fingerprints match with a girl that-"

"Is dead. Yes. There is no record of her to be found but did you also know that the late Lewis was last seen with her and seen with loads of money before his disappearance and murder?" There was silence again. "We'll be taking over. Now, it would be appreciated if you can open that cell." There was a low silent grumble before my cell door was open, I backed away, trying to stay as far from them as possible but the wall behind me stopped everything. I couldn't go any further.

"You stay away from me! I'm innocent!" Two different footsteps were coming towards me, then I was being dragged out. I couldn't swing for both my arms were being held by two different people. I was only able to kick and try to wiggle out of their grasp. "I'm innocent!"

I don't know how I didn't notice the loud sound but I knew we were outside. I was able to feel the warmth of the sun and the breeze of the air. Yet the only thing that caught my attention was the sound of a helicopter which made me guess we were on top of the police station. Then I heard a cell phone going off. The person on my left answered.

"Yes?" He sounded like the FBI guy back at the cell. "Tell them to shut up and get ready because they'll be having a roommate." I said that FBI can't treat people like they were treating me and the next words he said made me wish I could die "We're not FBI. We're Area 51."