Enough

The next couple of days were frightening as I tried to stay away from Masky and on occasion, Ben as well. The day after that talk with Jack, there was a change in me again. My eyes were still the same color that I grew to know but I woke up to have freckles as well. (I am sorry to the readers that already have freckles, I couldn't think of anything else.) It was a shock to me but in time I am hoping that the changing will be something I get used to. Sally was kind enough to tell me the names of everyone who lives in the mansion but wasn't actually planning on talking to them in the near future.

Every night though, I would send a silent prayer that I would be able to wake up the next morning since Jack is my roommate. Yet after each prayer, I remind myself that I am not human. I am one of them and my prayers were useless. It broke my heart to think that I was still alive and my dad thought I was dead. That I would never be able to see him again and he will think that it was his fault that I died or maybe he already moved on from my fake death. I wouldn't know at all.

It was morning and Jack was gone, like always, so I got dressed. Slenderman was nice enough to hear my request for getting me some turtlenecks. It's all I ever wear to hide the scar Jack gave me on the day of my first death. When I went downstairs, Sadie was the first to see me and she gave me a deadly glare. Not forgiving me for attacking her. I sat at the farthest end of the table from her, stuck in between Judge Angels and Toby. I looked around the table and noticed that there was one empty seat. There is always an empty seat and the only one missing was always Jack. My curiosity got the best of me.

"Why is Jack never here to eat with us?" I asked.

Masky laughed "You're roommates with him and yet you don't know a single thing about him. That just says what kind of person you are."

"And what makes you think you're any better than me?" I said.

"I never said anything about being better than you, just that you aren't that good at communicating with good ol' Jacky."

"I can communicate. I'm talking to you right now, aren't I?"

"Then what's so different about Jack that stops you from talking to him?" Clockwork says, sitting on the other side of Toby.

"I talk to him!"

"Then where does he go every morning?" BEN spoke up

"He-" I paused. I didn't know. I don't know. I don't know a single thing about him and these killers were right about that. I know more about the people at this table than I know about Jack. What is stopping me? I used to be able to talk to him so easily but then again whenever I spoke, it would be an argument and less of a conversation. Not once have we had a proper talk? I looked at the people at the table. I can't let them know that I know nothing about him but what do I say?

"He... He walks around the woods."

"To do what?" Jeff said

"To... To kill?" I tried not to make it sound like I was questioning myself but it sounded like I failed.

I heard laughter on the other side of the table. "She really doesn't know." It was Sadie. I didn't dare look at her and it wasn't because she was my new enemy and I was scared of what she would say next. It was because of the shame I felt and was worried it would show on my face. I kept my head down and looked at my untouched food, not daring to lift my head.

"What's that I hear? Is that silence? I guess the little tigress lost her touch." Sadie spoke again

"Sadie, you gotta play nice!" Sally said. For a child that was raised by murders, she sure does have manners and a very innocent personality; but I can't let a child defend me. I came in here fighting so I gotta show that I won't stop fighting. That I won't let them push me around or scare me into a corner. So what changed me? What got me from fighter to silent nobody? The questions had to wait for I had to say something.

"It's kinda pathetic to be picking on someone, don't you thinking? I would expect it from a clueless teenager but I guess you are no different. You're just as hot-headed as one."

"What!?"

"My point exactly. I don't have to sit here and listen to you and your nonsense."

"Then go if you don't have to."

"I will." I abruptly got up and left. Not taking my food with me or excusing myself properly. I didn't even look back to even see who cared. All I knew is that I wanted to be alone. Something I mainly want since I've been here.