Change

I was awoken by the smell of breakfast. It smelled so heavenly that it made me drool and wipe it off. Dad must not have gone to work today. Was the first thing I thought but as my eyes opened, disappointed filled my heart. The mansion, the people, the masks and the woman in the woods was not a messed up dream. It was all real.

My stomach then growled and the thoughts left my mind. Where the food at? When I got up, I could see that Jack was no longer in bed yet he left it messy. He didn't make his bed. Honestly, I would have done the same but my punishment must be over. I wouldn't be back here and the least I could do is make mine so later on, he won't be angry at me. So I made it and smiled while doing so because I was alive. He didn't kill me! Maybe he wasn't that bad after all? I then shook my head. No, he is a bad person. He killed someone last night.

My stomach growled again and I decided to go down for breakfast, still wearing Jack's clothes since I had none of my own. When I reached the kitchen I noticed that all the other people haven't noticed my arrival and I was glad about that. It gave me a chance to slip into the living room to be far away from them as possible. I didn't want to face them so I stayed still and decided to eat after they were done and gone.

But... what if they ate everything and there was nothing for me? I would starve and I wasn't a big fan of cereal since the taste of milk was just unbearable for me. It tasted awful. So while the food was being prepared, I had to make a decision. Go in there and eat or stay here and hope there is some food was left. I decided to just get some food and take it to the living room so I could avoid everyone. It seemed like the most reasonable choice

When the food was done, everyone was called down and the people who were already there was just rushing to get some and stuffing their faces. Guess they never learned about something called table manners. When everyone at the table got their food, I went to get my plate of breakfast before the rest came down. But the whole time, everyone was watching me and my every move. It was uncomfortable that I just wanted to run out and eat in the woods instead.

I was about to until someone spoke up. "What color are your eyes?" A clown dressed in black and white asked me that it was just unexpected and completely stupid. Couldn't they tell? But not wanting to get anyone mad for they could kill me, I decided to answer.

"They're [eye color]" I said. Everyone looked at each other and some whispered to one another. "Am I missing something?"

"Oh! I get it. You got some of those colored contacts and your messing with us. Nice try but I figured it out. I'm too smart to fall for your tricks." BEN said and he must have a big ego for him to think that he is smart.

"I don't wear contacts. Seriously, what am I missing?"

"[Name!]" I heard Sally as she was now in the dining room, ready to join the others for breakfast. She ran up to me but stopped as she took a good look at me. "Were your eyes [Different Eye Color] yesterday? You seem different." Finally tired of being left out, I put my plate of food on the counter and ran upstairs to find the bathroom. When I did, I took a good look at myself and found that they weren't joking. My eyes were a different color. They no longer looked like my dad's eyes but more like.... My mom's. No, it just has to be the lighting, right? Can lighting do that? It has to. It's the only logical explanation. The color of my eyes never changed before so why would it start now?

I stayed in the bathroom longer than I expected, trying to convince myself that it was all a trick that light can do. But I started doubting it the more I said it yet I had to go along with it. I couldn't crack or else I'd be just as crazy as everyone that is downstairs. Logic will save me while I'm still here. While I think of a plan to leave and live a normal life.

With all the confidence I had left, I forced myself out of the bathroom and went back downstairs to eat my breakfast. All eyes were on me but I did my best to ignore them as my heart raced out of being nervous. Without a word, I picked up the plate that I left on the counter and went to the living room to eat in peace. Not a word was said to me that morning