Hidden Agenda

A month has passed since killing that man in prison, the citizens who live here and the cities/towns nearby have been in a panic but not for their lives. Some citizens have loved ones in prison for minor things such as theft or jaywalking. They fear that if we have the power to get in undetected then we may strike their loved one just as I struck the man in the jail cell. That man that we killed was only in jail for vandalism, his sentence was only a couple of months which he was halfway through. Some people support what I started for I was getting rid of the bad and sparing the good but others are against it since I have not shown mercy on that man. His crime not being big enough to deserve death.

Honestly, all of it would have bothered me when I first came here but after learning so much in the position I am in, it just made me laugh. Judgments are all I ever wanted from people but never given. I wanted them to save me from the lie Heather created around us but no one ever cared. No one ever bothered so I saw no reason why I should as well.

Within that month, I managed to convince Slenderman in moving Heather into a proper room which I had to lock down and secure it myself so she didn't get away. It had a bathroom of its own which was a relief to me since I was getting tired of taking her to the bathroom myself. I threw in a yoga ball too but not for her entertainment. More to keep the baby healthy. Even though I did that for her, Heather was not grateful or nice because one day, when checking up on her, she used the drawer of her nightstand to beat me to death. Laughing Jack was the one who found me and after recovering, I made sure to punish Heather without harming the baby. The soul that made my skin darker was now gone.

After that, Laughing Jack and I have been spending more time together. Maybe more than I have been spending with my roommate Jack. He has gotten comfortable enough to even kill me by using one of his poisoned candies. I was using the prisoner's soul at the time and that soul only changed the length of my hair. Right now, I was outside with Laughing Jack, me being the one who was laughing.

"Do you ever take anything seriously?" My laughter already over and I was just wiping a stray tear.

"If I did, I would be valuing other people's lives much more than I already do." He had a menacing grin, already knowing that he was thinking back to some of his kills.

"Yeah, you would. I lost a soul because of you. It wasn't a good one but it could have been useful since police are looking for me and the appearance change could have helped."

"No, they're looking for a girl with an accent and as long as you don't use that one, then you are good to go." Laughing Jack was just shrugging like there wasn't a care in the world. Yet, of course, he would think that because it isn't his rear end that they are after. I am the one that is on the line. I then laid down on the ground to think.

What was up with me? One moment I would be open and happy to talk, as well as just relaxed. Then the next I wouldn't care about anyone but myself. I even went to prison and actually killed someone with no remorse. Not even feeling an ounce of remorse at this very moment. I've been in this house for too long or maybe I was turning into those Soul Takers that Slenderman told me about. Those that were hunted down for being too greedy and for taking their role for granted. Though that couldn't be it because I still care about life. I know I do or else I would have killed Heather and as much as I wanted to, the baby she is carrying does not deserve to suffer due to her actions.

The sound of a crow echoed out which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Would you look at that. Another crow. I guess someone will end up dead around you or maybe it will be you?" Laughing Jack soon enough started laughing at what he said. It is true that every time a crow is near me, it usually means that I will take someone's soul or I will lose one. It has happened in every death near me, including my own. I only made a tsk sound before another voice spoke up.

"So it is best you get up and go back home. You really can't afford to lose another soul." It was Jack, my roommate Jack, and hearing his voice made me bolt up in a sitting position

"Jack, what are you doing here?"

"Slenderman wants to see you. He was a little too busy to get you himself so he sent me. Sounded serious too so you better get going or else he is going to be pissed off." Those words alone made my blood run cold but got me to run for my multiple lives.

EJ-P.O.V

Once [Name] was out I made sure to have a little talk with LJ "What are you up to?" LJ only shrugged.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." He was sitting on the ground so it gave me the opportunity to kick him as hard as I could. Looking down at him when he tried to block my kick to his chest but failed.

"Don't try to play dumb with me! I hissed, a cold edge to my voice, "Last time you were nice to anyone, Print went missing- And I know damn well it was because of you!" Print and I were old roommates once and were somewhat close. Nobody really noticed how close Print and LJ got. Nobody noticed when the day Print went missing, LJ was the only one with a smirk. A cruel smirk on his annoying face. When they went missing, everyone thought I killed them. That I refused to share details but they didn't know what I knew. Even though I tried to expose LJ, no one dared to believe me. Didn't help that the last time we spoke, I threatened Print's life.

LJ got up, a smile on his face and now he was the one looking down on me since he is taller than me. "Don't worry Jacky, boy, this one won't go missing. I can promise you that." He was about to walk away but I stopped him by putting my arm out. Almost like it was a wall.

"You stay away from her," I warned him.

"Why is that Jack? Have you already replaced Print or is there more to it?" His smile got wider which really pissed me off but it only got wider when I didn't say a word. "Enjoy the show, Jack." He then walked away.