Troubling Report

BEN was the first one to see me and he did not waste any time to get to me. Before I knew it, he was right beside me with his arm wrapped around me. "Are you still drunk enough to-" I didn't waste any time in giving BEN a piece of my mind. I slapped him across his face and then punched his throat when he bent down to catch up on air, I hit his stomach with my knee. He was completely out of any air.

"That's what you get for what you tried to do last night, you sick pervert!" My voice still stuck with the accent. I could hear some of the members laugh, mainly Jeff since he has some beef against BEN. When everything died down, I was already behind the couch, enjoying what I have just done. BEN was already up and glaring at me, letting me know that I gotta lock the door when I shower.

"Hey look. [Name's] family is on TV again." Little Sally said while playing with her bear. Everyone snapped their heads back to the TV and turned the volume up.

"Just last night, police got a call saying they had heard screams from their neighbor's house. When the police arrived, the garage was open and no car was around. They suspected that a member of the family took it as a getaway but that was not the case. Fourteen-year-old Chris was found in the master bedroom next to his step-father, [Insert Dad's name]. Both were dead. There was no sign of the mother, Heather, that she was listed as a suspect. That was until they watched video footage that the killer left for police officers to watch. We were given permission to show the footage." The video I left behind was now playing and some of the members of the house were congratulating Jack for not holding back on Chris. Others were cringing on my video for it was just overall terrible.

"Shut the hell up! I did my best." I yelled, a little embarrassed that they had to see that.

"Police have no idea who the girl is but they suspect that the cameraman is sixteen-year-old Lewis, who disappeared without a trace. For the safety of pregnant Heather, authorities advise that not a single person does a single thing. This is also for the safety of the citizens. As for the kidnapper's request, it is being worked on." The TV turned off.

"Hey, I don't think she was finished!" I turned to find who turned the TV off but no one had it. In fact, they weren't looking at the TV or at one another. They were looking behind me.

"What is the meaning of this?" Slenderman was behind me and he did not sound happy.

"Shiiiiiiit." I said under my breath, turning around to see him looking down at me. His black tentacle looking things already out, which did not make me feel better. "Slenderman, hi. Did you sleep well?"

"My office. Now." His head turned to Jack's direction. "You too." I thought he was going to teleport away and I would have to walk there, giving me enough time to think of what I was going to say but that was not the case. Slenderman grabbed us and teleported us to his office. Dropping us when we were now there. I landed on my rear end but Jack was like a cat. He landed on his feet.

"Explain yourselves." He was sitting on his desk, I was getting up.

"She neede-" Jack put an arm in front of to silence me, which worked. He walked up, ready to answer for me.

"Slender, think of it. This sort of act is spreading fear all over the place. Not only that but the innocent people think they are safe. They'll be going everywhere without another thought and it could get us more visitors. Our killings will shoot through the roof which is something you wanted. The humans will think they have done something wrong if the number of bodies keeps rising. Soon enough, this whole place will be ours. The best part is that they'll never know who we are because we have been taught to not leave a trace or let anyone see us. You've trained us to do that."

I blinked. Something I did out of rage and selflessness was being turned into something that can get me out of trouble yet putting others in danger. I wasn't so sure if that is what I wanted. In fact, that wasn't what I wanted at all. I would have much rather be punished. What is he going to do anyway? Kill me? Kick me out? I said that yet I didn't say a word to get the punishment and get everyone else out of danger.

Slenderman was quiet, almost like he was thinking about what Jack just said. "Both of you are dismissed but this doesn't mean you aren't in trouble." He said you with emphasis so I knew that he was talking to me. Jack and I were leaving but before I could leave, Slenderman spoke up again. "Congratulations to you, [Name]."

"Congratulations for what?"

"You are able to switch souls. No longer have to die to use a different soul. Soon, you'll be a proper Soul Taker."

A proper Soul Taker.....