Tag Along

A couple weeks have passed since kidnapping Heather. When Slenderman told me about how I was able to switch souls, I thought that I might as well use it to my advantage. Switching to the soul that made my skin darker. It gave me the chance to leave the mansion and get a pregnancy test for Heather. Of course, I had to be careful in not letting people recognize me so I wore a hat and sunglasses.

When arriving, I took Heather to the bathroom for her to take it just to make sure she wasn't lying to me, the test coming out as positive. I wanted to let everyone know and get it on the news too. Luckily for us, Jack didn't really dispose of Lewis' body, so we used that. Leaving his body in the car we took, then abandoning it somewhere a mile away from what used to be my home. His body and the car was found, which made it on the news. Not only that but they announced that the act we did could not have been done by one or two people. That it had to be an act of a large group, which was a big no-no. They are putting pieces together and that is one of the things I told them not to do. Which means that they have to pay the price and I knew exactly how to do it.

I waited for a week, letting them all think that they were safe but it was just part of tricking them. I went to knock on Slenderman's office door and surprisingly, he was calm enough to let me in. "Hey Slenderman, it's a good day today, isn't it?"

"What is it that you seek for my child?"

"Well, you see. It's about the video I left for the public and the current news about us."

"You finally want to take action on them for breaking the rule on not looking into it. I was wondering when you would want to start."

"Yes, that is it exactly and I will need your help for the plan I have." I gulped, hoping he would agree to what I had in mind.

"That will all depend on what your plan is."

"Well, you see, I was thinking if you could get me into prison. So that I can take care of one of the prisoners."

"Too risky, I can't do such a thing."

"But, Slenderman, think about it. Humans do not know about us and what we can do. So if they hear that we were able to get in without a trace in there, the fear will spread out even more. It's not every day you hear someone broke in and a prisoner is found dead, no clue to be found."

Slenderman made a fist, his other hand going over it and now in front of his face. Elbows on his desk for he was thinking long and hard about it. Several nerve-wracking seconds passed before he spoke. "You will have to bring someone with you. Prisoners may be stronger than you, even bigger. It is best you have back up."

"I'll take Jack. I'm sure he is hungry enough to agree with this." Slenderman nodded, giving me the thumbs up and only a few minutes to prepare before leaving.

Within those few minutes, I managed to convince Jack into coming with me and wrapping my hands to not leave fingerprints. As well as tying my hair, not forgetting to bring the ball peen hammer I used back in my old home, mainly because Jeff took back that pocket knife he was letting me borrow. On our way out to meet Slenderman, Laughing Jack saw us and asked what we were up to. After we told him, he insisted that we take him with us. No matter how many times we refused he kept pushing. Soon we gave in and let him come.

We stepped out of the mansion, it was night, Slenderman didn't waste a second and grabbed us, taking us into a random cell. Lucky for us, the prisoner was asleep. Everything was silent. "We're going to have to make this quick. Jack-" Both Jack's looked at me. "Jack, my roommate," Laughing Jack then looked away. "You go for the throat, I'll aim for the head. Try to knock him out. Laughing Jack, you try to keep him quiet in case I'm not able to knock him out. Whatever it takes". Everyone nodded and we went to work.

I was the one to go first. Without another thought, I brought my hammer as high as I could and swung. Hitting his head but it wasn't hard enough. The prisoner woke up, about to scream in pain but Laughing Jack did his job. He kept him quiet by roughly placing his hand over the prisoner's mouth. His screams were muffled. I swung again. Once. Twice. Trice. Over and over again. I wasn't even sure when he lost consciousness, only that Jack had to stop me.

"That's enough." He yelled while whispering. Laughing Jack was no longer next to the prisoner but now in the corner of the cell, next to Slenderman, smiling. "Just go with the others, I'll do my part now." His voice was gentle but there was still a tone of seriousness. Commanding me to do what he said. I let out a sigh, trying to relax, then doing what Jack told me to do. Usually, I would look away when Jack would cut into someone but this time I just watched.

I watched him slice the throat and saw as the prisoner's blood flowed out. I watched him slice his body open only to rip out the organs that Jack wanted to eat. Putting them in his pockets for safekeeping and most likely will save them for later. When Jack returned, standing by my side, Laughing Jack went to the now dead body, placing some lollipops in the open neck. When he turned to us, ready to go, he smiled and winked at me. Then gave me a thumbs up, which I took as a good job sign. Jack though was watching his every move.

Slenderman then teleported us back to the mansion, where we all went our separate ways. Before I could leave to go take a shower, Slenderman stopped me. "I am proud of you, my child."

"Proud of what?"

"You have come far. You are no longer the person you were when you first came here."

When he said those words, I knew they were true because I could feel the new soul in me and that soul was taken before Jack could do his part.