Shocking Words

At this very moment, a compass would have been the best thing to have because it has been hours and I have not stumbled across the mansion once. I was completely lost. My sense of direction is my enemy and time confusing me. Neither of them helping me in one way or another. It made me panic, thinking that the others would think I tried to run away and they would hunt me down. Probably kill me again and not care that I would die for good. They have stolen millions of lives so stealing another wouldn't make a difference to them.

I found a good spot to rest, sitting against a tree and looking at my surroundings. Noticing that it looked like the same place I started but it didn't matter because every place in the woods looked exactly the same to me. It surprised me that I haven't reached the exit of the woods by now since I've been walking for hours.

A couple minutes passed until I could hear muffled voices. They didn't sound alarming but it did sound like it was getting closer. It could be the others but they could be thinking that I ran away. There is also a chance that it could be humans and if they saw me they would freak out. Either way, I knew I had to hide. Immediately, I hid inside a hollow log, silently screaming as I felt insects crawling all over me so quickly.

"I seriously think we should head back." That voice. It was all too familiar. It was the bitch, Heather.

"Didn't you want to go camping for some time now? Why would you want to go back when you're finally getting what you wanted?" That was my dad. He sounded calm. Those words alone sounded like he was annoyed but he wasn't.

"Yes but there is still a killer running around and who knows if he is here? That killer could be nearby!" Even in a worried tone, she still pisses me off.

"Look, if you're so worried, I'll go ahead and see if the coast is clear. Just stay here and you should be safe." I could hear that a heavy backpack was dropped to the ground, left behind as my dad walked forward to make sure the coast was clear. I only hoped that no one from the mansion would kill him.

In a matter of seconds, his footsteps were no longer able to be heard and Heather, as well as Chris and Lewis, dropped their things. Their footsteps getting louder as they got closer to the log I was in. I could tell they were sitting on top of the log. "The man gives me the camping trip but doesn't give me what I wanted from him all these years."

"[Name] has been dead for less than a month. He won't budge just yet and it's obvious he is grieving. He is still in the first stage which is denial. You've been asking for this trip for months and then suddenly he gives it to you in the very woods his daughter dies." That was Lewis' voice. He was always the one to see things in a logical way even though he is the spawn of that she-devil.

"Lewis is right, you need a trump card. Something that will snap him out of grief, even if it's temporary."

The sighing came from Heather, "I've had one for a while and I didn't want to use it but it seems that if I want to get his money, then I'll need to keep my trump card." Money? All this woman ever wanted from my dad was money? Was she going to divorce him so she can take half of everything? Why would they need him in a good state of mind to get money from him? There were so many questions flowing through my head that it was hard to sort them out and to figure out which one to answer or to even investigate.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a scream but it didn't sound so high pitched so it wasn't a girl. Then I remembered and my blood ran cold. Could it possibly be my dad? It was fortunate for me that Heather and the boys got up, probably startled. With just a few exchanges of words, they agreed to run and they ran away from where the scream came, taking their supplies with them. After not being able to hear them, I quickly got out, brushing the insects off me as I headed to where I heard the scream.

I heard it again but it came from a different direction so without thinking, I turned to my left. Ready to protect my dad if it happened to be him that was in danger. When I burst out of the trees, right there I saw Hoody standing over my dad, a bloody baseball bat above his head. Ready to swing down and crush my dad's skull as he was below him. Instinctively, I rushed over and tackled him, making sure my back was facing my dad. I struggled to fight him since he has more fighting experience than I do. Much stronger than I am but even when those facts ran through my head, I still was determined to stop him. It was a foolish act for soon after, I was pinned down.

It didn't matter to me because it gave me a view of where my dad was, seeing that he was gone. I gave him enough time for him to run away and he probably is trying to call the police to get me some help. Something that seemed foolish for someone that is a Soul Taker.

"Why would you stop me?"

"Because that was my dad!"

"He is a human."

"And don't you think that if you were to kill humans, you should at least kill the bad ones?"

My words seemed to mean nothing to him. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now or expose you to the public."

Exposing me to the public would be even worse for me because I would be nothing but a lab rat. Caged until the day I die and that would either be soon or never. As for him killing me right now, this is my last life and so I would not be coming back. I had to think of something. "If you don't kill me or expose me then I'll," There was a pause as I had to think quickly. "I'll prove that I belong in the mansion!" I said.

"How?"

The next words shocked me the very core. "I'll kill just like you guys do and without hesitation."