Chapter 10

It's 12:30 AM and I just finished the chapter so grammar and spelling are worse than usual, but at least I finished 😩 anyways night guys love you enjoy❤️
-
Two weeks later... I sit on a stool in a coffee shop downtown from Jasmine's new apartment. Jasmine was my sister, she was three years older with a kid and a deceased husband, a good job and no babysitter which is where I came in. She was letting me stay rent free so long as I watched Aliza without an issue, which really she was a darling child and I didn't have an issue with it. I was currently looking for something to do while Aliza was at school, my bills weren't going to pay themselves and all that money from Jared is emergency money until I get a job.

    "Fi!" I turn to look over my shoulder as two kids come sprinting toward me.

    "Claire? Chris?" I slide from the stool and sweep them up in my arms. I miss them more than anything, feeling their little arms around my neck, their small bodys against me made me realise just how much I did miss them. Sobbing they clutch me against them, the small forms shaking as they cry into my shirt. "Sh don't cry please."

    "We miss you so much."

    "I know I'm so sorry."

    "How much longer are you on vacation?" Chris asks wiping away his tears.

    "Vacation?"

    "Jared said you were on vacation in San Diego." I look up to see Shannon in the doorway a half smile on his face.

    "What are you doing here?" I ask turning my attention back to the kids.

    "We're here to see Aunt Jamie." Aunt Jamie?

    "Uncle Shannon said this is where you were."

    "How did you know?" I ask looking back up at Shannon.

    "Jasmine told me."

    "You know my sister?"

    "She knows my sister."

    "Your sister?"

    "Jamie."

    "Since when have you had a sister?"

    "Her whole life."

    "You're just so funny."

    "Here guys go order anything you want." He hands them a twenty and pushes them toward the counter. "Jared to us you left."

    "And?" I ask looking over at the kids before standing up.

    "Emma, needs you to come back, the kids need you to come back they miss you so much."

    "I miss them so much more, but I can't with Jared. I just... can't take him anymore."

    "Fiora, please, do it for the kids."

    "Don't, don't do that to me."

    "They don't have anyone please they need you."

    "Shannon, don't." I already feel guilty enough, why does he have to do this to me?

    "Can't you just forget it?"

    "No, I'm not going to let your brother use me like that."

    "I know, so don't, but the kids, they need you. Fuck Jared, but not literally." I bite the inside of my cheek, my heart being torn in two.

    "My sister needs me I can't-"

    "I already talked to Jasmine."

    "You did? What if I don't go back with you?"