Happy New Year

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! Happy new year!" We all cheer loudly our glasses clinking together as the kids scream and shout, blowing the blowers.

    "Happy new year baby." Jay leans over kissing me softly.

    "Happy new year hunny." I smile at him softly, kissing him softly in return.

    "Happy new year!" The kids come running in kissing us before moving to Shannon, Alisha, his fiance who's expecting, Constance, Carol, Emma and Tom. Emma had her twins in April a strong girl and little boy, Brooke and Brandy who were now five and now she's expecting another set in March, bless her soul because I couldn't do it. Xander, who'd just turned six, barely came over to me since he was too interested in Brooke. The two of them were basically inseparable, it was like they were the twins. Claire and Chris were with their mom this year, leaving us with just Xander and Everleigh, who was being a royal pain in the ass, not just tonight but always, she had her father's attitude. Jason and Antonia come in with their little girl after playing in the snow, that was taller than the two year old, but she was obsessed with the snow, we couldn't keep her inside. The Alaskan snow came early this year, it came swiftly and hard, not that the kids were complaining in anyway. Before long the kids are sound asleep and we're starting to settle down as well. Sighing with relief I yawn loudly before turning over onto my side to face Jay.

    "What's your new year's resolution?" Jay asks looking at me.

    "Nothing." I reply yawning again.

    "Nothing?"

    "Yeah, nothing, I mean I never do it anyway so what's the point?"

    "You want to know what mine is?"

    "No." I answer point blank.

    "Why not?"

    "Because you're not going to stick to it either. Wait we should make new year's resolutions for each other."

    "Oh." He arches an eyebrow curious now.

    "You stop spoiling your daughter so much." He laughs loudly. "That one shouldn't be too hard for you."

    "I can't promise anything."

    "Oh and why not?"

    "Because she's eight I've already spoiled her for her entire life."

    "Well maybe it's time you stop."

    "Fine and yours." He presses against me forcing me to lay on my back with him hovering above me. "Is to give me another child."

    "What?" I stare up at him in shock.

    "You heard me."

    "You want another kid? Isn't four enough?"

    "No." He leans forward his nose brushing over mine. "I want more."

    "Jay, I'm getting older that means it's going to be harder than it was before. I don't think that's such a good idea."

    "Can't we try?"

    "Jay, I don't know."

    "We spend a year trying, and I'll stop spoiling Everleigh."

    "You want another baby that badly? Xanders six now."

    "It won't hurt to try right?"

    "Fine, but don't get your hopes up."

    "I'll try my best not to." He smiles at me happily. "Lets start now."

    "Jay." I laugh lightly as he kisses the edge of my neck.