Chapter 18

Guys I'm so sorry that this is taking me so fucking long to finish 🙄 I never take this long to write anything I don't know what's going on with me lately. Anyways sorry for the long ass wait but here she is. I'm updating f the second that I finish them so I'm apologizing for spelling and stuff like usual 😂
-
I wake up stretching. The last few day had been rough on my body. Not only were Jay and I literally just distracting ourselves from how lonely the house had become but I was also not used to sleeping in such weird places. Like the couch, or the floor, or even on the recliner on top of him. I woke up in bed for a change with his arm under my head and his chest against my side. I'd slept so well that I'd drooled on his arm, which I felt bad for but honestly not that bad. I slowly peel myself away from him, my bare sweaty skin sticking to the sheets. God I need a shower. I step into his red and black tiles stand up shower, washing away the nights events before getting out to brush my teeth and take my pill. I look at the small tablet in my hand and think of the kids. One more day. With that in mind I dry swallow the pill before wrapping the towel tighter around my body. At some point during this week I'd practically moved into his room. My clothes have a spot in his closet and even a dresser. My toothbrush has a spot on the counter with my birth control and even my tampons have a spot in the top draw with my hairbrush and extra hair ties. I didn't find it the least bit weird but I did at the same time. He could snap at me and send me away just as fast as he's let me in. I couldn't help but feel like him letting me in is because the kids weren't here. It's wrong of me to feel like that, but it was a gnawing feeling I just couldn't get rid of.

Chewing my lip, like I usually do when I think about the kids, right about now Jared would be telling me not to worry so much that we'll be alright even though he doesn't believe it himself, I head to the kitchen. I start to make some breakfast, trying to keep my mind from wandering to the kids and what choice they've made, but it's no use. They've lived with Jared their entire lives, what if they want something different? What if they can't see through their mothers fake exterior and want to be with her? She'll never let Jared see them, maybe she'll make up an excuse and eventually just tell Jared he can't see his kids.

"What's got you looking so sour first thing in the morning?" I didn't notice him come up behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist as I stood in front of the stove, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Nothing." I turn away from him slightly. "I'm making bread pudding for tomorrow. And I have no idea what I'm doing." He chuckles softly kissing the hollow of my shoulder.

"I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Yeah." I gently bite down on my bottom lip.

"What's really the matter Fi?" He leans against the counter facing me.

"It's nothing. Really." I give him a small smile before turning back to the directions on my phone. I knew he did not believe me, I didn't blame him I wasn't being the least bit convincing.

"Fi." He says sternly giving me the chills.

"Are we going to go back to the way it was when the kids come home... if they come home?" I ask softly.

"No Fi." He moves forward cupping my face in his hands. "Don't think like that, I'm not going to push you away."

"Promise?"

"I swear to God." He says softly, kissing me deeply before he pulls away.

"I think I can fix this." I say softly once he pulls away from me.

"What?" He asks stunned, his eyes wide with shock and wonder making me smile widely before pressing my lips to his.

The next day... I get up and leave before Jared, going to the court house early. I'd spent ninety percent of the morning doing my hair and makeup before picking out the best thing I owned. I'd been up since four in the morning but it was worth it. I think I have one piece of solid evidence that would lay this to rest and maybe the kids would never see Victoria again. Today there would be a jury to decide the well being of the children, both of them would have to make their best case through their lawyer and the kids would reveal their decision as to who they wanted to stay with. Now the jury would have a say as to who they thought the kids should stay with and what kind of custody that person should be granted, the judge would have final say. I'd made sure I walked in just as they were about to start, of course worrying Jared, but I didn't care I was about to win the most important case of my life, hopefully. Clinging onto sheer hope I open the door and enter the courtroom walking toward Jareds side of the courtroom, dismissing his lawyer, confusing them both.