Chapter 15

It's been two weeks since the incident with Keith and my blurting out my love confession to Jared. He didn't comment on it, actually he acted like it didn't even happen, which I don't know if I should be greatful or devastated. I hadn't seen him much other than breakfast and rarely but occasionally at dinner. He was in his office or in his room getting ready for LA and the kids and I were doing the same. I hadn't packed so much in my life as I have the last few months. We get in the jet ready to take off when I look at Jared, his nose was buried in his script learning his lines, taking them in word for word, emotion for emotion. He was so dedicated that I was almost ninety percent sure he forgot about what I'd so shamelessly confessed to him.

"Emma said the house is ready for you and the kids, it's close to set so you can drop by whenever, you just have to sign a waiver that you won't talk about or release any pictures or videos you take on set." He speaks up once we're in the air.

"Right." I nod slowly. Over the last two weeks he's definitely been making an effort to see the kids for at least two or three hours a day not including breakfast and dinner. He would sit in the living room and watch a movie with them or watch them play chess, something easy where they wouldn't talk much, but at least he was trying. I wouldn't stay, he'd tell me I could do something else if I needed to, or I could sit with them, but when the kids are around, I can't ask what I'm desperate to know.

When they turn off the seatbelt sign the kids get up and sit in the floor playing a travel kids card game. They laugh and squeal at each other as I opt for reading a book. When the stewardess would come through I would tell them to move for her, which she would always say they were fine even when they weren't. The flights long and tedious and when we land I want nothing more than to take a hot shower and go to sleep, but of course the kids were excited about being somewhere new. When we get to the house, Jay driving the entire way, chuckling occasionally at the excited chatter that emanates from the twins, the kids race off to the front door where a very pregnant Emma waits for them.

"There's always going to be two cars here, the 2018 Hyundai Kona is yours." Three maids and two men come out of the house to collect our bags making me feel guilty that they had to in this heat.

"It's hot." I mutter.

"Are you listening Fi?"

"Yes, the Hyundai Kona is mine." I look over at the teal car that was mine. I like it, maybe a little too much. I look back up at the glass paneled house. It didn't have much privacy with it's all glass walls and wooden columns but a girl could get used to a two story nine hundred thousand dollar house.

"The beach is about half an hour away, the sets about twenty in the opposite direction." He explains as we walk toward his new LA home.

"Alright." I nod as I step into the house which was decorated with black leather couches and deep cherry oak. It was laid out similarly to the house in Alaska, but it was much more open, the light streaming in from everywhere.

"Fi." Emma comes down from the stairs holding her lower back.

"Emma." I smile at her brightly looking at her stomach.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much."

"No please it's fine. You have so much going on." I smile at her politely.

"Come on I'll show you to your rooms."

"No, don't worry about it, just tell us where they are so you don't have to go back up the steps." I say quickly noticing her difficulty.

"Okay, you're the second door on the left, Jay you're the first the kids are across the hall." Nodding I climb the stairs the sound of Jared's footsteps behind me tell me he's doing the same, but I refuse to look back at him. Every time I do all I can think about it what I said and how he didn't say anything to me at all. I open the door to my room finding a velvet purple room, the bedspread matched the color of the walls and the way the pillows matched the lavender sheets. All the dressers and doors were white and a forty inch flat screen was mounted onto the wall. The bed was on the wall on the right, the bathroom and the closet were on the right wall.