Chapter 14

THANK YOU SO MUCH ON 2K READS!!! I love you all to the moon and back ♥️ don't worry things are just getting interesting 🤫
-
I stretch out on the bed yawning before rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Huffing I look up at the ceiling before something moves out of the corner of my eye. I glance over to see Jared, his eyes fluttering softly as the light streams in through the blinds. Today is the first day of spring and the light would be starting to last longer throughout the day. His breathes come evenly and for the first time in a long time he looks at peace. This is only the third time I've ever seen him asleep, but even before he didn't look as at ease, there was something different about him this time. Something that made me feel uneasy, maybe a little queasy, and slightly happy. I didn't want to get up but I'm sure the kids will be up soon. One last look at Jared had me believing that last night was different than usual. Maybe it was him being nice, or maybe that we confided in each other, but something is definitely up and I'm not too sure I like it. If anything the whole situation just has me that much more confused.

Reluctantly I get out of bed and get dressed before going to wake up the kids for breakfast. We sit down and start to eat when Jared comes down fully dressed. He smiles at me shortly before sitting down, confused the kids look at me. I simply look at each of them before looking back at Jared. A lull in our conversation makes the room awkwardly silent.

"I have to tell you all something." He says after a minute, his voice shaking slightly like it usually did when he talked to or in front of the kids. We all turn to look at him, the kids stop eating giving him their full attention. "We're moving to LA for a bit." I nearly choke on my piece of toast making the kids look over at me, panicked. I take a long drink of water, staring at Jared, the kids turning their attention back to him as well. "I have a movie deal in LA so if you want, you can come with me."

"We can come too?" Chris asks excitement in his voice.

"You want us to come?" Claire asks looking skeptical.

"Of course I want you to come." He says smiling at them softly. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and I think the kids feel the same. He's being too nice too quick. Grinning at one another the kids start bouncing around in their chairs.

"When do we leave?" Claire asks.

"In two weeks."

"Fi, you're coming too right?" Chris asks turning his attention to me.

"Of course baby, I'll be there." I smile at him softly.

"Will auntie Emma be there?"

"She's going to meet us there." Jared says his eyes never leaving me. He still couldn't look at the kids for any longer than a few seconds. After that the kids go to their lessons and I help Gloria, the maid, with the laundry, mostly because I needed clean clothes, but also just to keep me out of trouble. It doesn't take long for Jared to find me. "Fiora." I turn around from scrolling through social media while leaning against the washer. "My office." He walks away probably go up to his office. Gloria looks at me, petrified.

"I'm sorry Gloria."

"It's fine." She smiles at me strainedly. I go up to Jays office sitting in the chair in front of him.

"You wanted me."

"Come here." He motions for me to come behind the desk.

"What do you want Jay?"

"Just come here." Sighing I get up to sit in the edge of his desk.

"I have things to get done before the kids are done Jay."

"Fiora, just come here." He sighs. Huffing I move closer, his hands reach out and pull me onto his lap. "Hello Fiora Anastasia." He smiles at me softly his nose brushing over mine.