Chapter 17

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K READS!!! You guys are  amazing thank you for putting up with me and being so patient. So I had this chapter "finished" in a day and then I saw how short it was so I had to find something else that would still make it dramatic so it took me a bit to figure something out and the ending still isn't as dramatic as I wanted it to be but here's a new chapter ♥️and wattpad with the deletion of stories and not being able to view as a reader is really starting to get on my nerves 🙄
-
I decide that it's best I don't deal with Jared for the next few days, but before I knew it a few days turned into a week, and eventually two. I'd been taking care of the kids, though I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be since he technically fired me, but when the two week mark had come up and I received my pay from Emma I assumed he hadn't said anything and I was supposed to be watching them. I hadn't slept much, with having to deal with the kids at night and during the day, but even when I wasn't with the kids, I couldn't stop thinking about Jared. He'd done a complete three sixty in literally a matter of minutes. I feel like I'd taken ten stops forward just to be catapulted ten yards back. Every now and again, I'd peer out my window and find Jared running like he was running from Victoria's bullshit, but most times he'd never come home in order to see anyone anyway. The guards were under strict orders not to let anyone in without Jared's permission and his permission only other than the kids and I, Emma, and the teacher, and of course Jared himself. She had called a few times but clearly I wasn't about to answer the house phone and I'd wait for Jared to answer if he were home or I'd just hit end. As far as I knew Jared hadn't spoken with her at all, but he did receive a letter in the mail from a court house, so I'm assuming that they set the court date.

    The kids were stressed out about the whole thing, they didn't know what was going on, with the fight between their parents and now not seeing Jared ever, and when they'd ask me I didn't have the answers they wanted either. I didn't know anything and it was killing me on the inside. I didn't want to leave the kids and all this time that's what I thought was going to happen, what I feared would happen. I was going to have to leave them, but now they might be the ones leaving me. The thought scared the absolute shit out of me. I wasn't ready to say goodbye, I wasn't ready for that and I wanted to be in that court house when the hearing finally went to trial, but in order to find out the date, I'd have to talk to Jared or I'd have to break into his office and pray it was in there so my prying eyes could find it.

It was the middle of the night, the kids were in bed, and Jared wasn't home, probably wouldn't be at all tonight. I easily find the spare key to his office, since he didn't bother moving it from when we were together. I open the door and let myself in, looking through the draws and papers and folders until I found what I was looking for. I spend an hour looking, searching anywhere and everywhere I can think of and I'm exhausted. Huffing I sit down in his chair when I see headlights come through the window from the front of the house. Panic takes over my body and I quickly glance around making sure everything's where it was before leaving, locking the door behind me and dropping the spare key in its spot just in time for him to come up the stairs. I walk down the hall like I'd just come from my room, moving past him to go down into the kitchen. I can feel his eyes on my back, maybe they were suspicious, maybe they weren't but I felt that he knew where I was, maybe he knew what I was looking for even. Huffing out more of my frustration I sip a glass of water, leaning over the sink to look out over the backyard. It has to be here somewhere, unless he's carrying it with him so I don't look for it. No, that's crazy, he wouldn't go to that kind of length so that I don't go. Would he? I suddenly start to question everything when I feel someone standing behind me. Slowly I turn around to see Emma in a long dress looking at me confused.

    "Did you not hear me come in?"

    "No. Why what's the matter?"

    "Nothing. I'm just spending the night here tonight." Suspicious of her I raise a brow.