Chapter 21

It's been done for a while now 😂 but here it is. It's also kind of short but the last chapter is going to be really long I'm just finishing it up and it's 10:30 now so it should be done by midnight 😂 just one more chapter left 😍
-
A few days later... I try to pick up like nothing happened, Jay went back to shooting, the kids to their lessons. It was like nothing ever happened. Whenever Jay brought it up I brushed it off like it never happened which pissed him off, but we rarely ever saw him with the movie being just about done. I was cleaning up from dinner once the kids were in bed, since I rarely slept anymore, when Jay comes in.

"Hey princess what's got you up still?"

"Nothing, just finishing the dishes. How was shooting today?"

"It was good." He says shrugging. "Tomorrow's the last day, are you and the kids going to stop in?"

"Depends on what time their lessons are done tomorrow. Their final exams are coming up."

"Okay." He says softly leaning against the counter to face me as I rinse the last few dishes. "Are you ready to talk to me Fiora?"

"About what Jay?"

"Don't act like it didn't happen. I'm sick of you brushing me aside every time I bring it up."

"There's nothing to talk about, literally."

"Fiora it's obviously affecting you." He huffs folding his arms over his chest.

"It's nothing." I brush him off like I usually do, but today he's not having it.

"Fiora. I'm sick of you fucking doing this. St down and fucking talk to me Fiora."

"Talk to you about what!?" I snap. "Talk about how I might never have kids again! I'm turning thirty one tomorrow! I'm running out of time, what if I threw away my only chance?" Tears well in my eyes as I throw a bowl I was washing back into the sink. "I can't do this right now." I back away from the sink, ready to walk out, but he reaches out for me. "Don't touch me." I pull away from him harshly and head up to my room.

"Fiora!" He calls out to me from the bottom of the stairs.

"I can't do it Jay, I can't talk about this right now."

"Let's go to a meeting. You can't keep ignoring this." He catches my bedroom door before it can shut.

"Jay please just leave me alone.

"No! I'm not letting this destroy us, now put on your shoes I'm calling Shannon."

"Jay please!" I Snap at him, tears flowing down my cheeks. "I don't want to talk about it! I don't want to go to a meeting, why can't you just say okay and walk away?"

"Because Fiora, I'm not leaving." He grabs my face, forcing me to look at him as I sob softly. "I'm not walking away from you. Do you hear me? Do you understand? I'm not going anywhere. We'll get through this okay?" Sobbing, I push his hands away, flinging myself into his chest, my arms wrapping around his neck as I hold him close to me. "I'm right here." I sob into his T-shirt as his arms wrap around my waist, his body molding to mine perfectly. The next morning I wake up alone, sighing I turn over to look at the sliding doors. I get up and go to the kids rooms, to find them gone already.

"Chris? Claire?" I call out to them as I wander the hall and down the stairs. I hear giggling coming from the kitchen making me huff. "What are you guys doing in the kitchen?" I come around the corner feeling slightly annoyed, flicking on the lights, and they jump out from behind the counter.

"Happy birthday Fi!" They scream, smiling. I look around at all of them, the twins, Jay, Shannon, Constance, Carl, Emma, Tom, and Alister. I feel myself jerk away from them, a small huff of air leaving me as I press against my chest. I felt like I was going to drop dead on the floor.