6

After introducing myself to the professor, a balding man who seems really nice and happy to see me in class early, I walk to the middle of the classroom

After introducing myself to the professor, a balding man who seems really nice and happy to see me in class early, I walk to the middle of the classroom. I find a seat not too close to the front as to where I won't get away with anything, and not too far so that I won't be able to hear the professor or will get distracted by rowdy students.

I think about Chase and last night with a blush on my face. Shaking my head, I busy myself with an empty notebook because I can't afford to distract myself with a guy. Last night was my chance to let loose and blow off some steam. I did exactly that, and now the fun is over. It's time for Calculus.

"He has more tattoos than anyone I've ever seen and you might think that that would be a turn-off but absolutely not, he's the definition of Adoni—"

"Who is that you're talking about, sorry to eavesdrop, he just sounds familiar," I turn around to face a girl and a guy behind me. They shrug, letting me off the hook and the guy leans forward conspiratorially.

"Maddox Kingsley. I mean, how hot is his name? And he totally lives up to it too, he's got quite the rep. I heard this one time he eve—"

"Does he have friends? Like maybe people that he lives with?" I cut him off.

"Oh yeah. The soccer team. Maddox is the assistant captain although I think—"

"Devon! You're such a gossip oh my god." The girl chastises him and he shrugs again, innocently. "Oh look class is starting, we'll continue this later. Nice to meet you," She smiles and I wave as I turn around to face the front.

An hour later, the class is finally over, and everyone is relieved because the professor is not one to chat. He got straight into review right after introducing himself. He asks some students to hand out the syllabus for the year and I grab one, waving goodbye to Devon and the girl with him and darting down the stairs.

"Lex!" I hear Faye yell, watching over the crowd as her red hair approaches me. Her shouting attracts attention from the other students in the hall. Specifically, a memorably tall guy who is making his way over to us at the moment.

"Look who it is," Reece smiles teasingly. He obviously isn't holding what happened in the dining hall over my head. I cringe.

"Hey...so sorry about that. I was just—"

"Helloooo" I hear Faye sing.

"Prepare yourself," I joke and Reece looks past me with wide, forest green eyes. Faye's hands grab my shoulders and I bend down by way of habit just as her legs wrap around my waist.

"Why hello there. Where's Jack?" Faye asks Reece and I turn my head to look up at her confusedly but then I see the mischievous glint in her bright blue eyes and look down.