43

Holed up in the apartment, Chase, Faye and I sit on the couch 'watching' a movie

Holed up in the apartment, Chase, Faye and I sit on the couch 'watching' a movie. Faye makes comments all throughout and Chase and I debate them, smiling when we end up on the same side of an argument.

"That dress for a dinner?" He asks surprised as the main character shows up to dinner in a beautiful cocktail dress. I just shrug.

"You should see Lexi's house. You basically have to wear a tuxedo to a pool party." Faye jokes and I glare at her. "Her family is super posh," Faye adds and I groan. Maybe I purposefully left that part out, Faye?

"Oh yeah? You haven't told me anything about your home." Chase says curiously.

"This is my home. Watch the movie." I grumble and Faye pauses the movie to 'get popcorn', conveniently excusing herself to the kitchen. Chase turns to face me on the couch.

"What are you doing on the upcoming break?" He digs and I grit my teeth, shrugging. "Are you going to avoid every question I ever ask about your family and the home you grew up in?"

"This is my home!" I snap. Sighing, I regret my outburst and pinch the bridge of my nose. "I'm sorry. It's not your fault, I just don't like talking about it. I'm going to my hometown for Thanksgiving." I reveal.

Chase just nods and leans back into the couch, accepting my answer for now. Faye joins us once again and doesn't play the movie when she sits down. "Are you going home, Chase?" She asks him.

"No, England is too far to travel for the weekend, although I wish that I could. I miss my sister a ton." He says sadly. I immediately feel bad. Chase had told me before that he isn't able to go home, but I hadn't thought about how that would mean he would most likely be alone for every holiday.

"So what are you doing?" Faye continues and I listen eagerly for more information.

"Just staying here, maybe practice if any of the guys end up staying." He says nonchalantly.

"You could always come with me?" I blurt out. I want him there with me... Faye looks over at me like I'm crazy and I feel like I might be. I just snapped at him for asking about my life and now I'm extending the invitation for him to uncover it in person.

"You're joking." Chase laughs and I don't blame him after my reaction a minute ago. Cringing, because I can't take it back now, I shrug.

"Yeah. It'll be fun." I smile unenthusiastically and Faye looks scared for Chase.

"Are you sure?" He asks once again, making sure I'm not going to change my mind. Last chance to back out.

"Absolutely."

What have I done?