7

I wake up groaning, but thankfully not with a headache

I wake up groaning, but thankfully not with a headache. Yawning, I stretch, and spread my arms out, feeling the other side of the bed. It's cold. I peek my eyes open and see nothing. I could have sworn that I brought a girl home last night.

Images of us tangled in the sheets appear like a movie in my mind, confirming my thoughts. I heat up at the reminder of the night I just had, but wonder where she ran off to. Did she leave in the middle of the night or just before I woke up?

I take the sheets off of my body, seeing that underneath them I'm as naked as the day I was born and I don't usually sleep that way, so it's obvious as to why. I get up to look for some boxers and throw them on before running my hands through my messed up sex hair and head down the stairs.

Licking my lips, I must taste whatever was on hers last night and suddenly get a craving for something sweet. I make my way to the kitchen and see Maddox and Luke sitting at the countertop eating bowls of Lucky Charms. "Have you seen...you know what? Nevermind. I shake my head and sit down beside them, I pour myself a bowl and let my mind wander before I even add the milk.

I notice Maddox smiling at me knowingly before he hands me the milk and turns his head back to his bowl. "Don't be an arse, what's with the cheeky grin you've got stuck to your face?" I ask, not in the mood to play games.

"Oh nothing, just haven't seen you bring home a brunette before that's all. She's quite the charmer, got a smart mouth. I'm disappointed you got to her first."

"Don't be the bastard everyone knows you are," Luke retorts without malice.

I shove Maddox's shoulder a bit before realizing what he said. "Wait, do you know her?" I ask, curious about the girl especially now. I can't believe that I didn't remember that little fact but I blame it on my sleep-deprived mind.

"Woah chill, we saw her come downstairs and Reece took her home, so you should really ask him, but she was a brunette and I've never seen her before, she's not someone you'd forget easily."

I get out my phone to text Reece, hearing Maddox mumble something like "sex on legs" before shoving another spoonful of cereal in his mouth. I run upstairs, shower, and forget about my breakfast completely. When I get out, I dress quickly and grab the keys to my truck, hopping in and heading off to school. I'm going to find this girl if it's the last thing I do.

When I arrive on campus, I text Reece to meet me in the main dining hall. My mind is still lingering on the brunette, and I'm wracking my brain to try to remember anything else about her. The large size of this campus makes my chance of running into her again disappointingly small.

Lexi. I remember.

I get stopped by a couple of familiar guys and girls that know me from parties or football and I can't remember most of their names at the moment. I nod my head politely and try to escape, waving as I go.

Making my way out of the building, I walk over to where the main dining hall is and find my regular table once I enter. Usually, a few of the boys from the team, their girlfriends, and the "cleat chasers", which are basically football groupies, sit there. Right now the table is empty so I leave my bag and walk over to the buffet, noticing Reece and Luke are already in line so I join them, apologizing to the people behind them.

I decide against pestering Reece about Lexi. She probably left for a reason. Or maybe she just had to get ready for classes. They talk about footy and I'm quiet as we order our food and go back to sit at the table. I eat quickly and nod my head at the boys as I put my tray away and exit the building.

I don't feel like going to Calculus, so I decide to walk over to the field to kick the ball around a bit, having too much on my mind to really practice. Before I know it, the alarm that I set on my phone for my next class is going off.

I grab my bag and make the short walk over to the Science and Mathematics building, opening the doors and easily finding my class. Before I make it there, I am once again stopped by people wanting to chat, Crystal at the forefront. Crystal is the head-cheerleader and likes to follow every stereotype. This includes hooking up with as many guys on the team as possible and acting like the spoiled queen bee.

I play nice, but since I'm probably late to my lecture already, I don't bother rushing because Reece always saves me a seat. I stroll down the hallway when I get the chance to break free, finally reaching my Statistics class, and opening up the door. Everybody is still settling in as this could be some people's first class of the year, the professor not even bothering to try to quiet everyone down yet.

I stop by a few rows to talk to some of the guys on the team, sitting on the desk and throwing my soccer ball up in the air. Many girls watch my every move like hungry sharks waiting for their next meal. I don't let it phase me as I make my way up to the back only to see that my spot next to Reece is taken.

By a girl.

I eye her up, my eyes catching on her bare shoulders that show off her tan skin. Her hair is pulled up in an elastic and it draws my attention to her neck. I smile at Reece as he greets me. "I'll get up so you can—"

"No, it's all good. You stay. Bro, this is my new friend." Reece cuts her off and not seeing any other empty chairs, I pull the chair out beside her to get her attention.

"This seat taken?" I ask and her body stills. She turns in her seat to face me, her dark brown eyes locking onto mine and widening. I react exactly the same way to her as there is no doubt in my mind that she is the same girl from last night.

Lexi is in my spot.

I quickly cover up my moment of weakness with a smirk but trail my eyes all over her as I wish I could do with my hands again. She has warm golden skin with freckles all over that I wasn't able to make out in the dark last night. Neither of us dare to breathe.

My eyes shift lower to her prominent collarbones, her white top not doing much to hide her features. Her never-ending legs are covered in jeans that look like they were painted on besides the rips in them. I stop my staring and sit down in the chair next to hers, feigning nonchalance and greeting Reece who introduces us.

"Hey man, this is Lexi. Lexi, Chase. He's one of my roommates." I bite my lips trying not to laugh, not paying any attention to the professor once he starts to lecture because all I can think about is my new apparent inclination towards brunettes.

" I bite my lips trying not to laugh, not paying any attention to the professor once he starts to lecture because all I can think about is my new apparent inclination towards brunettes