11

Waking up once again in the dark room, this time I don't panic because the person lying next to me is Faye

Waking up once again in the dark room, this time I don't panic because the person lying next to me is Faye. I'm surprised that she is in here with me, instead of sleeping in Reece's room. I'm not surprised that he didn't take advantage of her last night though. Reece seems like a really good guy.

I roll out of the bed and into the ensuite bathroom. Checking my reflection, I wipe off my makeup with soap, water, and a towel (not one of my finest moments) and put my hair up into a ponytail. Surprised with how refreshed I look, even bare-faced, I give full credit to the comfortable bed that I seem to have a habit of waking up in.

My eyes widen when I realize that I haven't even slept in my own bed since I got here, although it has only been two nights. I need to stop this pattern. Cursing myself for once again getting distracted from my priorities, I walk downstairs, getting deja-vu while making my way to the kitchen only to smell eggs, bacon, and pancakes. A lot of them too. I spot about five guys all working together in the kitchen to make food for what I assume is everybody in this house and all of their distant relatives.

Maddox's tattoos are easy to recognize right away, I smile at him as he brings a pan of eggs over to the table and scrapes them off onto a platter. He smiles back at me with nothing but mischievous intent in his eyes. We're going to be good friends.

I see Chase too, knowing that the image of his naked back in his bed is still burned into my memory. I'd recognize it anywhere.

Nobody in this house seems to be wearing shirts, but I can't judge because I'm only wearing a shirt. I'm not the only one who notices this, I realize from the number of stares directed at me and more specifically, my legs.

Walking over to Maddox, I ignore the lingering eyes and ask if I can help. "You'll be helping by sitting right at this counter here and looking pretty." He says and goes back to his eggs.

"Fuck off with that." I hear a familiar voice say before I see Luke come up to me and he hands me a piece of bacon, rolling his eyes at Maddox.

"Did I mention that I'm moving in?" I say with a wink, accepting the bacon and walking around the counter to sit and ignore Maddox's sexist comment. As I'm about to hop onto the stool at the bar, I feel a pair of hands grab my waist, lift me up onto it, and burn holes into my skin. I immediately know who it is. Only one person's touch makes me burn up like that. I turn my head to look at Chase as he hesitantly removes his hands from my waist. As if he doesn't want to.

"How did you sleep, Angel?" His voice is deeper with sleep, causing the butterflies in my stomach to act up.

"I'm not an Angel" I mumble with a smile, biting into the strip of bacon as Luke and Maddox watch on curiously. Secretly, I like the nickname Chase gave me.

"Don't I know it," He simply smiles and walks back to finish cooking. The rest of the guys, being done, make their way to the table with me following closely behind when Luke gestures for me to. I sit down in between Luke and Maddox, and across from Reece. The rest of the seats are filled up with, who I presume are, other members of the house and soccer team.