40

I grab Faye's hand as she leads me to the kitchen to get drinks

I grab Faye's hand as she leads me to the kitchen to get drinks. We're offered plenty of cups with unknown contents as we pass but we politely decline each time.

We finally squeeze through to the kitchen bar and Faye gets to mixing our drinks while I lean my back against the sticky countertop and gaze around the room, looking for a familiar face. Always looking for that face. I spot Maddox instead and my face lights up, waving him over to us.

"Looks like I was wrong," He pouts and I'm wrapped into his huge arms. Leaning back, I look at his costume which consists of a white button-down shirt, classic black jeans, and a pair of thick glasses. Messing with them on his face, I laugh.

"Called it," I can hear Reece say as he walks past us to talk to Faye.

"I have a feeling you have a thing for a man in uniform anyway..." He trails off and I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, my question answered as I look past him and see that Chase had gone upstairs to get dressed. He comes down in such a clichéd costume that it almost makes me laugh.

Key word: almost.

Because how can you laugh at the sexiest man you've ever seen, dressed as a cop. He's not even wearing one of those tacky costumes that show off as much skin as possible, his looks legitimate and I legitimately fear for my heart.

In all his glory, Chase is wearing a black police hat with a silver badge sitting front and center. His black ray bans are tucked into his pocket, and the tightest black dress shirt I've ever seen is stretched across his broad chest. The sleeves of the shirt are rolled up to his biceps and the fabric strains so much, I fear it may rip altogether at the pressure. Tight black pants that look like they've been fitted for his muscular legs are paired with black boots. Genuine looking handcuffs attached to one of his belt loops complete the look and have me blushing at the dirty thoughts invading my head.

Not to mention the way he is looking directly at me as he walks in my direction in said costume. Arrest me, officer Alexander. Once he reaches me, he stops until there is barely any space in between us. "I'm gonna have to frisk you, you look like you're hiding something sinful." He jokes as he nears me, one of his hands reaches out and snaps my garter clip against my thigh. I glare at him for possibly drawing attention to them, or for having seen them in the first place.

"If I say your name, will you be held against me?" I give him my back, put my hands together behind it, and look over my shoulder at him with a pouty face and wide eyes. I won't be the first one to back down from this game.

"Can I tempt you into letting me get you a drink?" He retorts, his eyes having trouble breaking contact with my bare back on display.

"I believe that is my job, as the devil." Faye cuts in with a smirk and I accept the red cup from her outstretched hand. The tension between Chase and I that had been growing is still there, but I become all too aware of our friends around us.