17

I lose track of time and I've had so many drinks I can barely even stand up straight

I lose track of time and I've had so many drinks I can barely even stand up straight. Chase disappeared a while ago, right around the time that Maddox ditched me for some girl. I can't blame him, she's probably a lot more fun than me right now.

I sit at the kitchen counter, nursing a bottle of water to ease my intoxication. Watching the rest of the partygoers, I regret drinking at all as my stomach grumbles unhappily. Luke steps up next to me at the counter and smiles sympathetically.

"How ya feeling?" He asks, taking my bottle of water and refilling it under the tap.

"Thanks, and meh," I scrunch up my nose and accept the bottle. Luke looks off towards something and I follow his gaze to see Callum laughing and smiling in a group of people. Luke looks back at me and upon seeing my attention he looks down bashfully. I have a feeling that he's blushing, even if I can't see it on his skin.

"Go for it." I hold up my hands in surrender. "I stripped my shirt off earlier and he didn't even bat an eye," Luke looks up surprised and looks back over.

"Another day," He smiles and squeezes my knee before walking away. Picking myself up and walking over to the bathroom, I look in the mirror and groan when I see that my eye makeup hasn't smudged everywhere, just in most places. I use tissues to wipe beneath my eyes and comb through my hair with my fingers before exiting.

The door swings open and a pair of strong hands meet my hips to steady me before I crash into someone. The water didn't work half as well as I'd hoped it would at sobering me up. I look up into my new favorite pair of eyes and smile. Chase stares back and we stay like that for a while, just looking at each other in silence. It should be awkward but it isn't. "Water?" Chase asks, breaking the silence and leading me back to the kitchen.

"Woh-tah" I mock, grinning. He sends me a playful smile over his shoulder. "Yes please," I agree, leaning on the counter beside the sink and looking up at him.

"So... that was quite the game earlier, I had no clue what I've been missing out on," Chase says and I smirk. Is this him flirting?

"Was it the game you liked or the outfits?" I tease, lifting one eyebrow up at him.

"The game was very exciting for the people in the back," Chase says with a wink and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah? I'll be sure to put you somewhere I can see you next time, my ass felt hot with your eyes burning into it." I giggle.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Angel, I serve as quite the distraction."

"Yeah? Maybe to everyone else."

He steps closer, forcing me to crane my neck up "You're an awful liar."

I shake my head and hope he doesn't notice my heavy breathing but he does. Looking down at my chest, every time I breathe in it pushes my breasts out so our chests are almost touching. Chase groans and leans his head back, putting his hands on my upper arms.