65

Ever since "friends-mas", as we like to call it, I have been religiously walking Vitaly everywhere I go

Ever since "friends-mas", as we like to call it, I have been religiously walking Vitaly everywhere I go. I haven't even used my car since then, because I'm afraid that he won't like it. Plus it's good exercise.

Chase is always pouting around because I pay more attention to Vitaly than I do to him, but he doesn't seem to understand that he himself isn't a tiny little puppy. Since Vitaly was given to me to be my "emotional support animal", I must make sure that he is very disciplined, and I want him to be a perfectly well-trained puppy. No table scraps for him.

After walking Vitaly to his training facility, I decided to walk around looking for parks. I want to find a place where I can let him off of his leash to play with other dogs because his trainer said that it is important for him to be able to socialize properly, especially with other dogs.

I find a cute dog park close to home and sit and watch the dogs play for a bit before going back. Chase is at the campus, leading practice for the guys that didn't go home, and Faye is probably at the studio that she received a membership to for Christmas from Maddox.

Unlocking the door, I close it behind me and walk into the kitchen to make myself and Faye PB&Js. I smile to myself like it's a secret, and set them down on the coffee table in front of the tv. Grabbing the bag with my early Christmas presents in it and bringing it out, I turn on the tv for background noise and go through them again.

Maddox got me a bright blue Polaroid camera that has my name engraved into it. Reece gave me a box of blue stuff like Oreo's, blue raspberry airheads, cool ranch Doritos, and blueberry flavored candies. Tatiana bought me the rose gold, Cartier LOVE bracelet with diamonds which is completely over the top but also really sweet because it's supposed to be a symbol of love by how you lock it on, and the person who gives it to you keeps the key. Elijah bought me a gorgeous rose-colored silk gown which I will hopefully be able to wear out sometime soon. It fits perfectly and I'm not sure how, but he probably took one of my fitted dresses to duplicate the size.

I hear the door open followed by an "I'm home! Where is my beloved nephew?" from Faye.

"He's in puppy training. How was dance?" I ask, looking up at her with a glare as she takes a bite out of my sandwich. She shrugs, her mouth now full so she's not able to respond.

"It was good, but what happened on my way home is much more interesting to talk about." I look at her, waiting for her to elaborate. "I was invited to this club, but not just any club, it's like this V.I.P. club for rich people!" I can tell she's very excited about this, and I'm slightly hesitant.

"Oh...cool. Do you have anything to wear?"

"I'll just borrow something of yours." She shrugs and I nod.

"It starts at eleven and it's six now, so we have tons of time. I'll call the boys and let them know, you go pick up the child." I laugh at how she always humanizes Vitaly. He does have quite the personality though.

"You've got this all figured out, don't you? Alright, I'll go get Taly, you raid my closet, and when I get back we can do each other's hair and makeup?" She nods and I put my stuff away in my room, clearing anything that Vitaly might try to get into or ruin. He's been pretty good but I'm not taking any chances.

I walk to the training center to get Taly, waiting to hear what my trainer has to say. After getting the "all clear" I pick him up and attach his leash to his squirmy body, putting him down once it's attached. I walk through the park on the way back seeing as I'm not in a hurry, it's almost seven. Vitaly sniffs everything we walk past, taking his sweet time and we finally make it back.

He goes in his little playpen so that he doesn't try to eat the Christmas tree while I shower and Faye gets ready. Chase texts me saying that he and the boys will be getting ready at their house. I shower and dry my hair, coming out of the bathroom to see Faye patiently waiting on my bed with her hair dried but not styled.

"I'm thinking wavy for me, straight for you?" She says, playing with her hair and holding up an outfit that she picked out for herself. I look it over and see my short, black, deep V neck dress and I nod. "I'm also going to wear this necklace thing." She says holding up a gold, sharp-looking necklace.

We get to work, doing my hair first as it won't take as long, and moving onto hers once mine is perfectly pinned straight. Faye's looks wavy, textured, and voluminous once I finish with it. I start on my makeup, keeping it looking natural as my dress will draw enough attention. I hear Vitaly whining from his playpen and I go and sit with him for a bit, giving him a few treats and toys before going back to join Faye.

She's working on a dark smokey eye that looks incredible as I walk in and I just sit and watch in awe of my best friend's beauty. She smiles at me and I check the time. Ten o'clock. The boys should be getting here soon so I grab Vitaly and bring him over to the neighbor Mrs. Frye who offers to babysit him every time she sees him. She agrees immediately and takes Vitaly, promising to take good care of him and telling me to have fun. She's always been so nice to Faye and me, and I'm glad that watching Vitaly seems to give her some enjoyment as well. She even keeps toys for him that she bought at her place.

I run back into the now empty room to put on my dress and heels while Faye does the same. She runs to the door when she hears a knock and I give myself another once-over before exiting my room. My heart beats a mile a minute, but I reassure myself that I will be surrounded by my friends and Chase won't let me out of his sight.

"Walking heart attack." I hear Chase say and I try to stop myself from drooling. Chase in a button-down is to die for. Chase in anything is hot, especially a suit, but now that I've seen him like this, I might have to ask him to wear it to bed. Screw novelty.

"I second that. Let's all stop drooling over Lexi and make it to the club on time. What'd'ya say?" Faye asks, not at all jealous, just impatient to get to the club. I link arms with Chase and the boys follow behind.

 I link arms with Chase and the boys follow behind