14

Waking up the next morning, I feel groggy despite this being the time I wake up daily

Waking up the next morning, I feel groggy despite this being the time I wake up daily. I lay in bed with my eyes closed and I think about the day ahead of me. Although I have school to worry about for the time being, there is more to come. Chase is on my mind and I think about what options I have to deal with the situation. Either way, he is in my life now that I know we have most classes together, and his friends are quickly becoming mutual.

Before I know it, my blankets are thrown off and I'm swinging my legs out of bed to get up and put on my running clothes. Running will help to clear my mind and shake off the grogginess. Careful not to wake Faye, I step out of the apartment quickly and quietly, locking the door behind me.

Once I'm outside, I feel grateful that I had foregone my shirt, because, despite the early morning and lack of sun, the air is humid and warm. I stretch for a few minutes in the parking lot before taking off toward the boardwalk.

Deciding to run on the sand, I take off my shoes and put them in the small bag I brought along. The sun is just rising by now, and it looks breathtakingly beautiful. It's easy to take my time and enjoy my run, appreciating the glint of the rolling waves and the sound they make as they break on the beach.

Not paying attention to my surroundings, I run into something hard. I fall back into the sand and look up, wondering how likely it is for two people to run into each other on an empty beach before seven in the morning. "Sorry," I say to the stranger.

"God, me too. Here," The guy standing over me replies, only a silhouette with the sun behind his shoulder but I can still see the hand he holds out for me. I take it and he pulls me up.

Daring to look up at him in my embarrassment, once my eyes focus I am able to see a well built, tan stranger. He has blue eyes like the ocean beside us but I can't help but notice that they aren't as vivid as Chase's green ones.

"What's your name?"

"Lexi. Yours?"

"Callum."

"Well Callum, it was nice running into you, literally," I reply with a laugh.

"See you around," Callum says with a smile, each of us continuing our runs in opposite directions.

Why the hell is every guy in Greenville so ridiculously attractive? And what good deeds have I done to get the good karma to run into all of them? It must be something in the water, I think to myself as I jog back home.

After taking a shower, I get dressed for the day in a black and white plaid tube top with buckles on the front, high waisted white pants, and brand new white sneakers. My hair is down and naturally straight and I brush it over my shoulders, draping my bag over my shoulder.

"You better not make us late!" I yell to Faye as I close the door to my room behind me, only to see her already waiting on the couch.

"You were saying?" She says with a smirk, standing up as I walk over and drape an arm over her shoulder. We drive to campus together and I mentally prepare myself for another Calculus class now that I know Chase shares the same one.

Faye and I chat on our way to the Science and Mathematics building, and I already dread sitting in a lecture for over an hour. "So what's going on between you and Reece?" I ask, genuinely curious as she hasn't mentioned him in conversation. I look over at her and she just shrugs.

"Actually, nothing. We've been texting a lot, but if I'm being honest, I only see him as a friend." She smiles and I'm slightly surprised. Reece seems like a nice change from all the tools that pay Faye attention. The more that I think about it, the less the idea tempts me. Faye can sometimes be selfish and pushy, and Reece seems to be the exact opposite.

"Oh okay. Well, I have to say I'm a little disappointed but guy friends are always awesome too and it's probably for the best." I smile at her. "On that note, I think Maddox and I are going to be good friends." She looks interested at these words but we get to my building before I can elaborate.

"Bye, hun," Faye calls out and I wave to her. Maddox doesn't show up again and Chase sits with a big group of people off to the side so I end up sitting alone in the center of the middle row. I realized about five minutes into yesterday's lecture that the professor was just teaching the same content as I learned last year. Calculus didn't come easy for me, so I am thankful for one class that will go smoothly. I can easily complete the homework without paying attention to the professor.

For the whole duration of the walk to Statistics, I have an easy smile on my face. Reece and Chase are already here so I make my way to them, the latter being in my seat. I walk up to the two boys, look down at Chase with my arms crossed across my chest, knowing that it pushes my breasts up higher.

Chase, finally noticing my presence, turns around and looks me up from my shoes to my head, pausing at both my exposed stomach and pushed-up breasts, finally bringing his gaze to my mouth, lingering there before reaching my eyes. He smirks, not caring at all that I obviously noticed his perusal of my body. "Hello Angel, care to sit?" He says while patting his lap.

Instead of taking the empty chair next to him, I accept his offer and relish in his surprise. He stiffens as I sit on his lap and turn to face Reece, but quickly regains his composure by placing a hand on each side of my waist. Reece's jaw nearly touches the floor while watching the whole incident take place.

Chase's minty breath is hot on my neck. I shiver in response. Closing the small space between us, I lean back into his chest to gain the upper hand. But getting closer to him only makes my heart beat harder and probably allows him to feel it.

His fingers tighten on my waist, sending heat throughout my body at the feeling of his rough hands on my bare skin. Shifting slightly to get comfortable, Chase's hands tighten even more to stop me from moving. Reece is actively avoiding us at this point.

"Don't start something that you won't want to finish, Lexi," Chase says when he leans into my ear. He almost sounds angry, but I know better. I can feel his pants grow tighter beneath me and it startles me but gives me confidence at the same time.

Feigning nonchalance, I don't reply and pretend to listen to the professor for the duration of the class. Reece still doesn't say a word and takes lengthy notes which I try to remember to ask for later. The class is dismissed and just before slowly rising off of Chase's lap, I turn my head the slightest bit until my lips are brushing his ear. "Who says I don't want to finish it?"

 "Who says I don't want to finish it?"