41

All night I keep my eye on Lexi, watching her lithe body dancing to the music alongside Faye

All night I keep my eye on Lexi, watching her lithe body dancing to the music alongside Faye. She moves in time to the beat, and she still appears to be sober as she leans into Faye before leaving towards the kitchen. I follow and stop when I see the bartender start talking to her, or more likely flirting with her.

Her figure is perfectly displayed in the white dress that flows around her like liquid. Short and sweet. The white stockings stretched over her long legs are held up by a garter that only I know is there. Angel wings have long since been discarded but the halo suspended above her brown hair is entirely inaccurate. My Angel is not at all angelic.

By the looks of the bartender, he's older and probably not a student. I lean against the wall in the corner, hidden from sight but still able to watch her. She sips the drink he makes her as they talk and eventually she goes back to Faye, bringing her a drink of her own. The two of them start to dance again and I continue to watch until I'm shoved to the side. Looking back, I see Maddox with a wide grin, looking at the girls and back. "You creep." He says in a non-accusatory way.

"Fuck off." I shove him back and sip my water. Reece comes up to us and I get sucked into a discussion about our upcoming away game. When I'm no longer distracted, my eyes search for the girls again only to spot Faye dancing alone. "Let's go dance with Faye," I say insistently, pushing Reece to go in front of me. Once we get to her, I ask her where Lexi went.

"To get some air." She slurs, her dance moves getting sloppier. Reece wraps an arm around her as she loses her balance.

"How many drinks have you had Faye?" I ask as a chill runs down my spine. She holds up two fingers and Maddox and I look at each other confusedly. The next thing we know, Faye's body goes limp in Reece's arms and my eyes widen in panic.

"The bartender." I splutter, grasping for an explanation. "He made their drinks." My words are rushed and when I glance over the crowd to the kitchen, the guy is no longer there. "Reece, call an ambulance and make sure they know she might be drugged. Maddox, we need to find Lexi." We all move fast as Reece grabs some random girl and tells her to call an ambulance as he carries Faye outside with his jacket draped across her limp body. Goosebumps prickle on my skin as a foreboding feeling washes over me and everything switches into high gear.

Maddox and I quickly shove through the crowd into the kitchen, but whipping my head around, I can't find Lexi anywhere. Looking to my side, I see that Maddox is equally distressed and pushing random people out of his way. "Didn't Faye say that she went for some air?" He asks and I nod. Throwing open the sliding glass door, we jog outside. I look left and right and don't see either of them. Turning back to the house, I step on something discarded on the ground. Leaning over to pick it up, I find a white, flat shoe. The same kind that Lexi was wearing tonight.

"Fuck." I say and show him. "Okay, if it's the bartender, he's tall, brown hair, mid-twenties. You go right and I'll go left, meet me at the front of the house and call me if you find her, alright?" I say to Maddox quickly and we both run around the house. My heart is racing and my eyes dart everywhere, hoping that we can find her and that they haven't left the property.