Selfish - PP

Word count: 1675
Description: You and Peter fight about Spider-Man's impact on your relationship. Very angsty.

You tapped your foot to the beat of the clock, pleading for the bell to ring. Peter sat next to you, fiddling with your hand under the table. As your ageing teacher droned on about the Spanish-American war, you doodled hearts in your notebook, filling them in with 'Y/I(your initial) +P'. Peter looked at your notes then up at you, a crooked grin plastered to his face. At long last the bell rang, signifying your freedom. Holding tightly to Peter's hand you spun him out of the classroom.

"Anxious are we?" He laughed, swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"We're getting out of this hellhole." You stated, eyes fixed on the exit.

The two of you made your way back to Peter's apartment, talking about your day. Once you entered, you made your way to Peter's room, flopping on the bed, keeping your eyes trained on Peter as he quickly strips off his shirt and jeans. "Cuddle me," you begged him, holding your arms out.

"I only have a few minutes," Peter grinned, before hopping into your embrace. Quickly pecking your lips, he went to go get up again.

"Don't go." You pleaded, trying to pull him back on to the bed.

"I have to, duty calls," Peter chuckled, walking away to find his suit.

"Why can't you just relax for one day?"

"Because crime doesn't relax babe."

"I haven't seen you in forever though," you pouted.

"We spent seven hours together at school!" Peter chuckled, rifling through his closet.

"But at school we have to learn... and you can't dress like this," you admired dreamily, staring at his half naked body.

"Damn, where is it?" He muttered, less focused on staying dressed like that, more concerned with finding the suit.

"I know," you teased, holding up the suit that you had snatched from the floor.

"Ah thanks." Peter reaches for his suit, but you whipped it away.

"I don't think so."

"Y/n please, I need that! Crimes could be happening right now!"

"No Peter. You're staying here with me." You stated, hiding the suit behind you.

"Y/n stop this isn't funny. I have to go!"

"Why do you have to? Who is making you? Why do you have to be a hero?"

"Are we seriously having this conversation right now? Of all times?" Peter grumbled, covering his face in his hands.

"Yes Peter Parker we are! Because what other time would we have this conversation? You are always busy!" Your anger level was starting to rise, as you stood from the bed.

"I thought you said you approved of me being Spider-Man!"

"I approve of you stopping the occasional crime, but not spending all your time just... looking for crime! It's like it's become an excuse!" Every date Peter missed, every evening you spent alone, all of those emotions that you'd waved off and bottled up, they were pouring out now, it was only a matter of time until you snapped.

"An excuse?" Peter's voice was low and cold, full of anger.

"Yeah Pete, an excuse. Like, 'oh I can't make our date, someone stole a bicycle'. Like it's a fucking bike Peter the world does not stop! Because when you do that, you're putting a freaking bike robbery over me. Nobody asked you to do this! Why do you have to be Spider-Man?"