Stressed - TH

Guuuuuys I'm in New York and it's so pretty! And my dad and I went to the store because the air bnb we rented had no food and we're starving - and they had JAFFA CAKES AND DIGESTIVE BISCUITS!!! It felt like home already😊

Word count: 640

The sun was shining radiantly, high above your Kingston flat. Lying down in your bedroom was your boyfriend, sprawled out, head facing the ceiling, eyes closed, and fists clenched. He was muttering to himself, 'Just breathe, just breathe' over and over again.

You had just returned from a shopping excursion, and as you kicked the door shut with your heel, you called for him.

"Tom?"

The curly haired boy didn't move, just softly replied, "In here love."

Pushing open the door to your room, that was left slightly ajar, you finally set your bags down. Rummaging in your wardrobe to clear out space for your new clothes, you heard him ask: "Anything good?" in a sort of emotionless tone.

"Oh yeah! I found this super cute romper... and I got three new dresses. Two of them are for day to day, and I thought I could wear the third one on our date tomorrow. It's what the vulgar tongued might call... a little black dress," you smirked to yourself, head still buried in the wardrobe, trying to find some room. "And believe me- it's little."

When Tom didn't reply, you popped your head out. Usually he would make some sort of comment- a joke, or a laugh. But... nothing.

"Hey," you said softly, joining him on he bed. He glanced up at you, before returning his focus to a fluffy pillow, gently picking at the faux fur. "You alright?"

When he didn't look at you, you drew his chin up with your pointer finger. "Tom... what's wrong?"

"I'm just... just tired. It was a rough day, I missed you," He said, giving you a soft smile.

"Hmm, why was it a rough day?" You asked, running your hands through his hair, trying to get him to forget about his stress.

"I had to redo these stunts and it was just... I don't know Y/n. It was hell. Gaaaah I'm just glad it's over." He groaned, leaning his head on your shoulder.

"I'm sorry babe. I know it's rough," You mumbled, slowly ruffling his curls. "What can I do to make it better?"

"Just... just distract me. Let's watch something." He decided, and you pulled him up, leading him out of the bedroom and onto the sofa. You snuggled up into his chest, and pulled a cozy blanket over you, turning on The Office (not to be unpatriotic, but the US version is so much better😂).

"I made some brownies today...," You giggled, one hand slowly tickling up his chest.

"Then what are you still doing here?" A slow smile creeped up his face as you ran to go get them. Returning with a large plate of brownies, you quickly got back onto the couch.

"Mmm these are delicious," he sighed, hugging you closer. "Thank you," He said, pecking your nose lightly. "You always know how to make me feel better."

"It's what I'm here for," you grinned, pecking him back. "I love you so much Tom."

"I love you too Y/n. With all my heart." He kissed you back, harder this time, letting himself fall back all the way in the sofa, bringing you with him. "And uh, maybe later you can show me that dress you got."

Y'ALL I FELT LIKE SUCH A TOURIST TODAY! I was just walking around New York with my fam and just looking at all the major sights, it was actually really fun. And I know this was short and crappy but I'm so exhausted that I just can't.