Toast -

Okay, so anything like this in italics is a flashback/memory connected to what Tom is saying. That sounds kinda confusing but I think it will make more sense when you read it. Also, this is set at your rehearsal dinner.

Word count: 1432

Tom's POV
I stood up, clinking my spoon against the edge of my champagne flute. "Thank you, thank you," I said as the room quieted down. "Well I'd like to start off by saying thank you to everyone for being with Y/n and I tonight, it really means a lot." I smiled, glancing down at the girl who would become my wife tomorrow. "I thought I'd tell the story of how we got engaged. Uh, so I know that lots of people propose on an anniversary, or Valentines Day, or something. At the very least most people do it at a fancy dinner, or out on a date. I uh, well I did not," I chuckled, shaking my head lightly.

"No," I continued, "I proposed in our house, dressed in sweats. I didn't choose to propose to Y/n in some big way, no skywriting, not even flowers. Just me, and a ring, a sign of our love if you will. Because if I know one constant in  Y/n's future, that is me, and our love. And I knew that our love is strong and pure, no matter if we're out at a five star restaurant, or in our pyjamas watching Friends." The room chuckled, as I flipped to my next index card.

"I remember, when I first realised that Y/n was, hopefully, going to be the woman who would one day become my wife. We were just eating dinner, it was pizza actually. I had come home from a long shoot, and she was just, waiting for me, food in hand. And I thought to myself, wow. I want to marry her. Of course I couldn't say anything, and it took me for about eternity to get the balls to actually propose, but I remember that feeling, clear as day."

Slamming the door shut, I lay my back against it, burying my face in my hands.

"Fuck." I muttered, dropping my stuff on the ground next to me. The day had been horrible. The director was being unusually impossible, and I had twisted my neck during a stunt. And no matter how many takes we did, I couldn't manage I get this scene right.

Y/n called for me from the kitchen, and when I didn't answer, she came to me. "Oh Tom what's the matter?" She asked, rushing over to give me a hug once she saw my state.

"Nothing..." I whispered, playing with a loose strand of her h/c coloured hair. "You don't have to be bothered with my problems."

"You can always bother me with your problems. What you feel I feel love," She cooed, voice silky and calming.

"Just... just a rough day." I forced a small smile, looking into her eyes.

"I know what might cheer you up - I bought pizza, and it's getting cold, so c'mon!" She grinned, taking my hand and leading me into the dining room. "Here," she handed me a plate with a large slice of pizza on it, and I munched on it, much happier than I'd been a few minutes ago.

"How was your day?" I asked her as she dug into her own food.

"Fine I guess... I missed you," she admitted, blushing. I placed my hand over hers and shot her a smile that she immediately returned.

"I love you so much Y/n," I told her, looking deep into her eyes.

"I love you too Tom," she laughed, a confused look on her face. "That was kinda random," she giggled.

"I just don't tell you that often enough," I said, which was true. But what I left out was that when I looked into her eyes, I knew she was the woman I wanted to marry.

"It was the next week, when I told my father, and asked him for advice. Haz and the twins took me ring shopping, teasing me about being all gushy, but I knew deep inside they were happy for me."