Company Picnic Pt. Two - PP

Guys the Fila jacket is my weakness.

I wasn't originally planning on doing part two to this, so here's to you UnicornAllyssa 😂 hope you enjoy😂

Word count: 1005

Y/n POV

For a few weeks, the baby had been a sweet secret between me and Peter, and Bruce I guess. Nobody else knew, and if I'm being honest, I loved it that way.

Bruce hadn't mentioned it to anyone else, without us even asking him to. And damn was that man tight lipped. Other than a fleeting grin when he saw me in the hallways, he didn't give away a thing.

Living with all the Avengers meant not much personal space. It was a dozen (eh, I don't feel like counting😂) adults all in one, admittedly large, building, and as such, all our lives were intertwined.

Going from nearly all the intimate details of our lives being shared, to knowing some huge, life altering thing that nobody else knew was weird.

After my bout of morning sickness, Peter and I headed down from our room to the kitchen.

Bruce was sipping coffee while reading the newspaper, and Nat was rummaging through the fridge for some breakfast.

"Hey," I smiled, releasing Peter's hand, walking over to her.

"Good morning," she smiled back, taking out a mysterious Tupperware. Opening it up, there was some leftover calamari from a party Tony hosted a while back. "Ew." She said, putting it back relatively unfazed.

I however, was very sensitive to smells, and instantly started gagging at the scent.

"You good?" She asked, slightly amused.

"Yeah, fine, just-" I paused, turning to the sink to puke out the tiny bit of vile I still had in my stomach. "Sorry," I said, rinsing my mouth, glancing over to Peter who was currently rushing over to me. "Didn't like the smell."

"Hey are you okay?" He whispered in my ear when he finally got to me. I nodded, but he just looked deeper into my eyes. "I'm serious, like are you okay?"

"Jesus Parker let the girl breathe," Nat chuckled. "She said she's fine, so she's fine. It was really old calamari. It did smell pretty gross."

I shot her a thankful smile, and grabbed some berries from the fridge. Popping them into my mouth a few at a time, I went over to the sofa, Peter in close pursuit.

"Alright, finish eating, quickly team," Tony boomed, clapping his hands, "We've got a new mission." The rest of the team filed in behind him, quickly hunting for some form of quick sustenance.

My jaw dropped, and I turned to Peter. We had decided no more missions for me, but we had never thought to discuss what to tell the team if and when the situation arrived.

"Uhh... mind if I sit this one out?" I asked from the sofa, and I felt everyone's eyes turn to me.

"Sit this one out?" Bucky repeated. "Why would you sit this one out?"

"Um," I gulped nervously, "I-I... I'm pregnant." I blurted, burying my face in the cushions.

"Pregnant?!" I heard everybody echo.

"Uh, yeah...We actually found out that day when Bruce had to examine me? You know because Sam hit me with the ball?"

"Damn Sam. You hit a pregnant woman." Cling shook his head mockingly.

"I didn't know she was pregnant," Sam defended himself.

"Well that doesn't mean she's wasn't still pregnant!"

"Stop focusing on that!" Wanda scolded, before smiling at me and Peter. "Congratulations you two."

"Thanks," I mumbled, slowly raising my head. I looked over at Tony who was just staring at his feet.

Gnawing my lip anxiously, I waited for some sort of reaction.

"So Mr. Parker." He finally said coolly, looking straight at Peter who stumbled back off the couch. "Congratulations," he smiled, coming over to hug me. "You too Y/n. So I guess that means you're retiring from the force."

"For now, yeah. And we'll try and find a place of our own of course. You guys don't need a newborn keeping you up." I explained, pulling away from Tony, who went over to shake a quivering Peter's hand.

"Amen." Scott sighed, pushing his hair out of his face.

"Uhh..." Steve started, raising a finger in the air. "This is great and all, and congrats, but isn't there a villain for us to fight?"

Everyone else suddenly snapped upright, rushing to go get their suits on.

I smiled to Peter. "Well I guess it's out now. But in a way, it's better that they know. Less secrets. But I did like it just being ours, you know?"

"Yeah," he agreed, sitting back down next to me. "But at the same time... this is always going to be or baby. And nobody can take that away from us."

I nodded, leaning in to kiss him.

He was right. No matter who knew, it would always be our baby. Mine, his, ours. We would be the ones to raise it. To watch it take its first steps, say its first words. Scold it and praise it. Send it off to university, see it get married, and have children of their own.

As the weeks turned to months, I saw my baby come to life. Feel it kick, and move inside me. With each motion, its face formed more and more in my mind. Until finally, I got to greet him. Hold him in my arms, and watch him mold into a man. And sure the he had his Auntie Nat to teach him to fight off anyone who dared come near him, and Uncle Tony who loved to spoil him rotten.

But Peter was always right. He was our little boy.

So I wrote that really quickly, bc I wanted to get an update in today, becauuuuuse I'm headed to LA tomorrow morning to see my fam that lives there. So I won't be updating that much/at all until next Tuesday. Sorry☹️ but I had a lot of spare time in New York, and could write at nights and stuff, but I'll be staying with family, so it'll be different. I'll still be on Wattpad, just not writing.

On a different note, guess who just saw Antman and the Wasp earlier than it would come out in the UK???? It was sooooooo good😊 but damn that ending😓 yikes.