Preganancy Series - Pt. Two

Word count:1535
Description: continuation of the Pregnancy Series!

You smiled to yourself in the mirror, pulling a tight jumper down snuggly over the little bump growing on your tummy. Feeling a strong pair of arms caress your stomach, your eyes met Tom's in the mirror.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, pecking your cheek. You turned around, putting two hands on his chest, shaking your head.

"You need to get your eyes checked Mr. Holland." You laughed lightly,walking into the kitchen to make some breakfast for the two of you. You were know sixteen weeks pregnant, so your baby was roughly the size of an avocado. You and Tom were about to head to an ultrasound, and you could barely hold back your excitement.

"And you're sure you don't want to know the gender?" Tom asked gently as you passed him a bowl of porridge.

"I-I want to be surprised." You stated, and Tom nodded his head. "And we're going to announce it today?" You grinned at him, excited at the prospect of being open with your fans about your pregnancy, or rather, no longer living in fear that a trip to the store would end up with your pregnancy plastered all over page six.

"I think the plan's perfect." Tom smiled back, contentedly munching on his oatmeal.

Once you both finished your breakfast, Tom grabbed the keys to your car, and ushered you out to the garage. You took with you a puffy jacket that you hoped you wouldn't need to use for privacy. Holding it as a shield against your little stomach, you relaxed in the nice leather seats. Your relaxation was halted though, by the flash of cameras. They had waited for you by the garage door. There weren't too many, but enough to make you uncomfortable.

Turning your cheek so you were looking inwards, you heard Tom press the horn a bunch of times, trying to clear the way.

"Where are you two headed?"

"Are you going to the new James Bond set?"

"Are the rumours concerning Y/n's pregnancy true?"

Your eyes filled up with tears. God you had always hated the paps. How they didn't respect your privacy, their only concern was to sell photos, leaving out context entirely. Tom looked over at you, removing one hand from the wheel to clutch yours. He knew you were scared of them, so he aggressively drove away, leaving them to scurry out of the car's path.

When you finally made it out, Tom sighed.

"Are you alright love?"

"Yeah I'm good," you wiped the corner of your eyes, "I just always get so nervous."

"I know babe. But they can't hurt you," Tom comforted you, rubbing small circles on the top of your hand with the pad of his thumb.

"How do they know about the pregnancy?" You whimpered, feeling tears rise in your eyes again.

"I don't know Y/n. But darling everything is going to be okay. C'mon just remember how excited you were for the sonogram!" Tom smiled, in attempts to cheer you up.

"That is pretty exciting," you agreed, staying calm for the rest of the ride.

When you finally arrived at the hospital, your worry grew as you looked frantically at all the signs in French. You had gone to a smaller hospital for your checkups, where nearly everyone spoke English. But for this, you had to go to a large, busy hospital.

"Wh-where do we-I'm so lost." You stuttered, but Tom guided you to a wheelchair, placing you down in it.

"I've got it all taken care of love. This is Anne, our personal nurse who is fluent in both English and French," he motioned to a young woman. When you look at him with a face of astonishment, he simply chuckles, "I told you I'd take care of everything!"