Magic

Requested by SmokeyParker-

First, sorry for taking so long! I've been going through some stuff, and really only had the motivation to write a select few chapters of this book, so I started this a while ago, and just never finished it. Secondly, I don't really know much magic tricks, so like... sorry if it isn't exactly what you hoped for😬

"So what are we even gonna be watching?" Harry huffed, sitting down on the sofa, nestling in between Paddy and Sam, who had his arm slung around Elysia's shoulder.

Charlotte chuckled, flipping her golden hair to the side. "God knows what."

"Hey c'mon," Tom protested from the corner, "It'll be fun. Besides. Mum put so much effort into setting this up for us, so she better not see you lot being inconsiderate."

The room grumbled, but still agreed, settling into their seats. Harrison and Tom stood in the corner however, discussing work on a new project. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the parlour door.

"Ready for your surprise?" Nikki asked excitedly entering the room. The 'children' all nodded compliantly, sitting up a bit straighter.

Nikki opened the door wider, revealing the surprise she had planned. A young woman, around Tom and Haz's age walked in, dressed like a magician. She had a black velvet top hat on, followed by an ivory waistcoat, and black set of tails. She had underneath, a dark unitard, with fishnet stockings. Her h/c hair fell to her waist, straightened neatly.

Smiling, her long legs, extended by the tall black boots she wore, made their way over to the table positioned in front of the sofa.

Tom's eyes widened at the sight of her, freezing up, until finally, Haz nudged him.

"Dude," He whispered, "You're staring."

Tom cleared his throat, and mumbled something about going to sit down, walking over to a chair.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," she grinned, "my name is Y/n, and I'll be in charge of your entertainment tonight."

Harry sunk lower into his seat, shaking his head. "A magician? Are we five?" He asked beneath his breath. Sam chuckled a bit, but didn't say anything.

Pulling out a briefcase, Y/n set it on the table, opening it slowly and precisely. She pulled out a deck of cards, shuffling them masterfully.

"I need a volunteer."

The group looked around at each other, until Elysia raised her hand. "I'll do it."

"Great," Y/n smiled. Elysia walked up to the table, as Y/n fanned out the cards. "Pick a card, any card. And go ahead, take a look. Now show it to the room," Elysia turned around, and showed the king of hearts to everyone.

"And if you'd put it back in the deck please," Y/n instructed. "Now choose a place in this room."

Elysia scanned it, tapping her foot, before pointing. "That bookshelf there."

"Perfect. Now why don't ya go check there."

Elysia walked over, and looked back questioningly.

"Run your hand over the top of it."

Elysia did as instructed, pulling down a small card. Laughing, she showed it to everyone. "It's my card!"

They all clapped, a bit more excited about the show to follow.

As the hour proceeded, more and more tricks Y/n performed amazed the Holland clan and company. Tom kept his eyes trained on Y/n for the whole show, entranced by her beauty.

"Alright, for my last trick, I need one more volunteer," Y/n turned to Tom, smiling slyly, "Everyone's gone but you pretty boy."

He gulped, standing up slowly. Making his way to the table, he pressed his shirt down, trying to alleviate any wrinkles. Pushing his hair away from his face, he looked up, the ends of his lips twitching a bit.

"Here, on my cue, wave your hand over this hat," Y/n told him, removing her hat, and placing it face up in front of Tom.

"Okay, go ahead," she said, and Tom began to move his hand back and forth in front of the hat.

"No," she laughed, wrapping her slender fingers around Tom's wrist. "Like this," she moved their hands around in a circular motion.

"One... two... three!" Y/n shouted, and a small dove flew out of the top hat.

The group all clapped eagerly, and Tom gasped a bit shocked.

"Wow, that was uh... that was awesome."  Tom stuttered, stepping back a step. "How did we-you do that?"

"A magician never tells."

Following the performance, Nikki, Dom, and Harrison's mum and stepdad came into the room, and everyone began to mingle. Harrison practically shoved Tom over to Y/n, who was currently packing up.

"Th-that was a great show," he began nervously rubbing his hands together.

"Thanks. I'm glad you liked it," she smiled, closing the case.

"Of course I liked it! I-I mean- of course I liked it," he said nonchalantly. Coughing a bit, he fixed his face into a smile. "So uh- I was wondering, if it would be okay for me to ask for your number."

"My number? Well it's on the business card of course."

"No I mean- your mobile number."

"Oh! Yeah... uh- that would be more than okay," Y/n grinned.