Breathing - PP

Requested by @giffany123 sorry it took so long!!❤️❤️❤️ hope you enjoy!

  "This is an easy mission. Okay? In and out, quick- Peter, are you even listening to me?" Your dad, without even looking, turned around on his heel.

Peter, who had been staring at you, broke his gaze, coughed, then turned back towards your father.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Easy mission, quick-quick mission," Peter mumbled, running his fingers through his hair.

"Pete, I said this was an easy mission, I never said you can do it in your sleep. If you don't pay attention now, how am I supposed to put my daughter's life in your hands?"

"Excuse me?" You laughed, staring your dad wide in the eyes. "You don't think I can take care of myself?"

Tony held up a finger, inhaling deeply. "I never said that. I merely meant that he's, well, he's Spider-Man. You are an average girl with a suit. And a tendency to get sidetracked."

You tried not to show how hard m Tony's words stung, as your eyes slowly trailed back down to the table.

"Fine," you grumbled, leaning back in your chair.

"Okay, so the mission..." your father started talking again as you zoned out.

An hour later, you were suited up, and ready to go. Walking out towards the balcony, you saw Peter, who was sitting with his back towards you, hair blowing gently in the breeze. Your breathing slowed, as your eyes just stared at the boy you knew would never love you back. Why would he after all? Like your dad said earlier, he was Spider-Man... and you were just an average girl with a suit.

"Alright, everyone ready?" Tony bounced out onto the balcony, whiskey in hand.

"Oh, uh, yeah," Peter stood up, shooting you a small grin, before putting his mask on.

"Great. Remember in and out. This is not the time to show off, it's the time to be safe, and practical."

"You're one to talk," you chuckled, and Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well aren't you the guy that, y'know, went into space and all?"

"We don't have time for that, you two need to go."

"Fine, fine, I'm only teasing," you smirked, walking over to Peter.

His hand gripped your waist, holding you tightly against his body. You held your breath, trying to not inhale his scent that you knew would drive you crazy.

"Ready?" He whispered, and you nodded, hearing a sudden thwip, and feeling the Manhattan breeze rush through your body.

After a few minutes, you landed on the roof of a large warehouse, in a part of town that you would've never been allowed otherwise. Peter silently nods to the back of the building, and you followed him as quietly as you could.

You heard some muffled voices, and you took Peter's lead, hopping down off of the top of the building. Peter pried a small window open, lifting you up through it. He followed suit, as you scanned the situation. You were in a small dark room, but you could see weapons adorning nearly every inch of the wall space.

"Woah-" you gasped, but Peter covered your mouth with his hands.

"C'mon," He hushed, motioning for you to go with him towards the door on the opposite wall. He opened it silently, peeking his head in.

"Damnit. Where are they?" He groaned, walking into the large warehouse. You were examining some blueprints on a nearby desk, when a red flashing light suddenly went off.