Birthday - PP

So I guess it's Peter's birthday? I mean this is news to me, but seems legit enough. So this means our baby was officially sixteen when he died. Like PARDON ME THANOS, MY BOY WAS SIXTEEN AND HE ALMOST GOT THAT GAUNTLET OFF OF YOU, SO YEAH WHO YOU CALLIN INSECT NOW? I hope our boy's having a party inside the Soul Stone. Something tells me that Quill would blast some awesome eighties tunes. I don't know if Aunt May is there to celebrate with him, but I do know that a group of people who I hold so dearly in my heart, and I trust that they're gonna care for him. Happy birthday to the baby of the Avengers, and to the love of my life😍😘

Also I'm rewatching Mission Impossible Three, I forgot how much I dig Jonathan Rhys Meyers's accent.

"Y/n I told you, I don't want a party!" Peter moaned as you made your way to the ice cream parlour on 22nd street.

"And I told you, that I'm not planning a party." You said teasingly, holding his hand in yours.

"Well I don't believe you." He grumbled, shooting a side glance at you. "I know you're planning something."

"Something, yes. But not a party." You looked up at his pouty face, sighing. "Peter it's your birthday. Don't be grumpy. I promise you'll like the surprise." You pecked his cheek, drawing a slight smile out of him.

"I won't be grumpy. Promise," he mockingly placed his spare hand over his heart, chuckling at you. You smiled back at him, leaning your head on his shoulder as you walked.

A little bell that hung on the top of the door jingled cheerfully, welcoming you to enjoy the ice cream, as Peter pushed it open. To his amazement, there weren't any balloons. No streamers, or hoards of classmates. A few people sporadically placed, who didn't seem to care in the least about your arrival.

Pulling Peter towards the back, you slid into a booth. "So..." he said, sitting across from you. "There really is no party."

"Well who says this is the surprise?" You laughed, grabbing the menu. "What do you want Birthday Boy?"

"Don't call me that," he whined, and you shook your head.

"Why must you be so against any birthday celebration?"

"I don't know I just... don't like all the attention." Peter blushed under your gaze, as you grabbed his hand.

"Well then it should calm you that this surprise only concerns the two of us." You grinned. Staring at the menu for a second longer, you placed a hand on your chin. "Maybe I'll have a milkshake."

"Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Is that even a question?"

"So chocolate?"

"Chocolate," you confirmed, wiggling around in your seat.

The waiter came to take your order, and Peter ended up getting a sundae.

"So," He said, shovelling the last mouthful of ice cream into his mouth. "What does the rest of the 'surprise' include?"

"Well then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" You asked, loudly slurping the last few drops of milkshake.

"You know I don't like surprises thou-"

"Peter Benjamin Parker, not another word." You cut him off, "I don't care if you don't like surprises. You only get one seventeenth birthday, and I'm not going to let you ruin it by all this complaining! Trust me; when we're old and married, you're going to thank me that I didn't let you stay inside and watch movies all day."

Peter looked up at you, shocked by your tone of voice. "Alright, fine," he agreed. "Let's have some fun."

You dragged Peter around all of the sights he always complained about being too 'touristy'. Coney Island, to Central Park, and then the Statue of Liberty.

"So be honest," you turned to him as you got back to his apartment complex. "What did you think? Have fun?"

"Anything is fun with you by my side," he said, hugging your waist. "But yeah actually. It was a lot of fun. I refrained from saying 'moo' so I'll take that as a win (if you get this reference you're my new best friend)," he joked while you giggled along. "I know surprises aren't my favourites, but I actually liked that one."

"Well I'm glad - but there's one more surprise. We just have to wait for it to get dark."

Leaving a dumbfounded Peter, you rushed over across the street to your apartment before he could say anything.

At 8:00, you rang his doorbell excitedly. Peter opened the door, pulling you into a large hug.

"So do I get any more clues about this plan of yours? Hmm?" He murmured into your hair, rubbing your back gently.

"You're so impatient!" You scoffed, pulling away so you could see his face. "I'll give you one more clue though, fine. You'll need a hoodie."

He grabbed one off a chair, waved goodbye to May, and followed you towards the stairs. Much to his confusion, you pulled him up the stairs, instead of down. Travelling from the seventh floor up to the roof, you opened the door.
Walking onto the cement rooftop, you revealed what you had planned. Two chairs, an abundance of blankets, and a picnic basket were already set up. Leading him to one of the chairs, you tossed him a lightweight Spider-Man fleece throw.

"They actually make these? Awesome!" Peter exclaimed, holding up the blanket.

You rummaged around the basket for a while, until you found what you had been looking for. A small cake you had made earlier in a little glass Tupperware. Pulling out a candle and some matches, you lit it, and handed it to him.

"Make a wish," you whispered.

Extinguishing the flame, Peter smiled at you. "I wished for-"

"Nuh uh Parker! Have you never wished on something before? It won't come true if you say it aloud!" You laughed, cutting a large slice for him, and a slightly larger one for yourself.

You sat down next to him and leaned against his shoulder, his arm slung around your frame.

"I love you so much Peter," you said quietly, looking at the stars.

"I love you too Y/n. You're the single best thing in my life." He kissed the top of your head, pulling you even closer to him.

"Happy birthday babe."

Yeah so that wasn't amazing, but I definitely wanted to update it on his birthday, so like🤷🏻‍♀️

I honestly ship Elysia and Sam so much. They're just like... goals. So. Cute.

Also, I had a good cry over this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blw8EBsnqfK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=167tc7qoh9mjc

You're welcome/sorry.